⚡️ Chapter 15 ⚡️

By the time Vega, Fred and Mrs. Weasley returned to the 12 Grimmauld Place, it was already past six o'clock. They were laden with books and other equipment but Ron, with a moan of longing, went straight for the long package wrapped in thick brown paper that Mrs. Weasley had been carrying. Vega, pulling the last bag into the hallway, was amused at the expression that he was making.

"Never mind unwrapping it now, people are arriving for dinner, I want you all downstairs," Mrs. Weasley said, but the moment she was out of sight Ron ripped off the paper in a frenzy and examined every inch of his new broom, an ecstatic expression on his face.

While everyone got busy with their stuff, Vega trudged up the stairs with her shopping, hiding her broomstick away because she didn't want to rain on Ron's parade. She packed her stuff into her trunk and sat down for a breath.

I wonder if Aunt Dromeda is disappointed that I didn't make as a Prefect?
I suppose I should work hard and be a Head Girl instead.
That is two years later... or maybe Quidditch Captain?

Given her personality, Vega wasn't really into the idea of being either of that, but she felt like it would have been nice on her record if she wanted to be a teacher. But it more sense that no one wanted to see or listen to what she said.

Why forget that you're a Lestrange?
There are students who are victims of your parents.

Vega gave Aquila some Owl Treats, and also to Pigwidgeon when she realised that he hadn't been given any treat. She reminded her to tell Ron to get some Owl Treats for the tiny little owl.

When she came down to the basement, Vega was quite surprised to find that Mrs. Weasley had hung a scarlet banner over the heavily-laden dinner table, which read –

Congratulations Ron and Hermione
– New Prefects.

It wasn't what Vega had expected to see but she could also see that Mrs. Weasley looked in a better mood than she had been in all holiday. Vega let everything go, feeling that they all needed a little bit of a cheer after such a dull holiday.

"I thought we'd have a little party, not a sit-down dinner," Mrs. Weasley told Vega, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny as they entered the room. "Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I've sent them both owls and they're thrilled," she added, beaming. Fred rolled his eyes.

"I would've rather than you became a Prefect," Fred muttered to Vega as they sat down on chairs next to each other but Vega shook her head when Hermione's eyes looked up at that comment.

"That would've made me a Prefect with Ron, and you know he can be a bit... lethargic," Vega replied. "Why must you subject me to such a horrible fate?"

"Hey!" Ron exclaimed but they all only chuckled.

Dora, Sirius, Lupin and Kingsley Shacklebolt came down a little while later – Dora made a beeline to her younger cousin so they could sit together, and Mad-Eye Moody stumped in shortly afterwards. He kept his blue eye out of commission for Vega's sake as he shrugged off his travelling cloak.

"Oh, Alastor, I am glad you're here," Mrs. Weasley said brightly. "We've been wanting to ask you for ages – Could you have a look in the writing desk in the drawing room and tell us what's inside it? We haven't wanted to open it just in case it's something really nasty,"

"No problem, Molly..." Moody growled. "Excuse me, Vega," His electric-blue eye swivelled upward and stared fixedly through the ceiling of the kitchen. "Drawing room..." His pupil contracted. "Desk in the corner? Yeah, I see it... yeah, it's a Boggart... want me to go up and get rid of it, Molly?"