⚡️ Chapter 49 ⚡️

It didn't take long for the conversation between Dora, Moody, Mr and Mrs Weasley to come to an end. Every one of the children were rather quiet as they went back inside to say their goodbyes to Mr. Weasley before they left St. Mungo's through the Muggle entrance with Dora, Mrs. Weasley and Moody to head back to 12 Grimmauld Place.

Vega's eyes were on Harry as they walked down the street to the train station. She stuffed her cold hands into her jacket and wondered what he was thinking about – it must be what they had heard back there. She could see that he looked faintly terrified of himself now.

Voldemort is linked with Harry and I.

But Harry is the only one who can be probed?What in the world does that even mean?

Whatever in the world it was, Vega was now positively worried about going to sleep in case she ended up in a snake and hurt those around her. What would she do if she somehow ended up hurting Fred when they slept together? Or any of her roommates at Grimmauld Place or Hogwarts?

I don't want that.

Everyone was quiet on the train journey back and although Vega wanted to sit with Dora, she ended up taking the empty seat next to Harry. She didn't know what to say to him right now but she knew that he wouldn't like to be alone – he wasn't like her in that aspect.

But where was Mr. Weasley when he was attacked?

It was clearly at the Ministry because everyone was giving duties there, and Mr. Weasley clearly said that the Ministry wouldn't want to say how a snake got in there. But it was unclear where exactly in the Ministry it was located at. And what short of weapon was it – what if it was just documents?

The train travelled through the dark tunnel and Vega swayed slightly with the movement of the vehicle. She felt horrible for Harry's sake yet she still struggled to look for a reasoning behind this or the way to comfort him through it.

"Vega, Harry, are you all right, dears?" Mrs. Weasley whispered, leaning across Ginny to speak to them as the train rattled along through its dark tunnel. Vega jumped slightly, having forgotten where she was. "You two don't look very well. Are you feeling sick?"

Everyone was watching them, and that made Vega's heartbeat speed up. Harry shook his head violently and stared up at an advertisement for home insurance while Vega almost nodded by accident and gave a rather awkward negative shake.

But that wasn't the end of Mrs. Weasley's concerns. As they were walking around the unkempt patch of grass in the middle of Grimmauld Place – Vega lingering in the back, watching Dora and Moody walking off after leaving them on the front steps of their destination – Mrs. Weasley turned to look at her and Harry once again.

"Are you sure you are all right?" Mrs. Weasley asked again in a worried voice. "You look ever so pale.... are you sure you slept this morning? You two go upstairs to bed right now, and you can have a couple of hours' sleep before dinner, all right?"

This time, Vega just nodded along with Harry, not trusting her voice. She was feeling a strange irritation in her nose and the back of her eyes. Just as Mrs. Weasley opened the door, Vega walked ahead and straight past the troll's leg umbrella stand and up the stairs and hurried into the bedroom that she shared with Ginny while everyone else pile down in the basement kitchen for tea.

Vega stood next to the door and listened to Harry walking up the stairs as well, and then further to his second-floor room. She waited for a moment and then decided that she would go and talk to him to understand his situation for once.