⚡️ Chapter 70 ⚡️

Harry led them along the first-floor corridor, peering through doorways, and at last found an empty classroom into which he dived, closing the door behind Vega, Ron and Hermione the moment they were inside and leaning against it, facing them – "Voldemort's got Sirius,"

"What?" Ron asked.

"What are you saying?" Vega asked, shocked.

"How do you –?" Hermione asked.

"Saw it – just now," Harry responded. "When I spaced out during in the exam,"

"But – but where?" Hermione said, whose face was white. "How?"

"I dunno how," Harry said. "But I know exactly where. There's a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls, and they're at the end of row ninety-seven... he's trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there... he's torturing him... says he'll end by killing him..." His voice was shaking, as were his knees. He moved over to a desk and sat down on it, trying to master himself. "How're we going to get there?"

There was a moment's silence. Vega remained quiet, watching all of her friends – in particular at Harry as she processed what he had said. She felt like he was running high on emotions and she hoped to think clearly to placate him.

Then Ron said, "G-get there?"

"Get to the Department of Mysteries, so we can rescue Sirius!" Harry said loudly and Vega glanced toward the direction of the door in concern.

"But – Harry..." Ron said weakly.

"What?" Harry asked. "What?"

"Harry," Hermione said in a rather frightened voice, looking toward Vega for back-up but Vega was eying them apprehensively. "Er... how... how did Voldemort get into the Ministry of Magic without anybody realising he was there?"

"How do I know?" Harry bellowed. "The question is how we're going to get in there!"

"Lower your voice – and she's right," Vega spoke up. "It's five in the afternoon – the Ministry of Magic is going to be full of workers right now. There is no way Voldemort and Sirius both got in without being seen, especially inside the Department of Mysteries.

"They're probably the two most wanted wizards in the world. You think they could get into a building full of Aurors undetected? Especially with Dora and Kingsley out there? As far as I'm aware, there must be identity sensors all over the Ministry entrances,"

"I dunno, Voldemort used an Invisibility Cloak or something!" Harry shouted, still being loud despite Vega telling him to avoid attracting attention. "Anyway, the Department of Mysteries has always been completely empty whenever I've been –"

"You've never been there, Harry," Hermione interrupted quietly and Vega sighed. "You both have dreamed about the place, that's all,"

"They're not normal dreams!" Harry shouted in Hermione's face, standing up and taking a step closer to her in turn. "How do you explain Ron's dad then, what was all that about, how come we knew what had happened to him?"

"Harry, don't shout at people," Vega warned.

"He's got a point," Ron said quietly, looking at Vega and Hermione.

"But this is just – just so unlikely!" Hermione said desperately. "Harry, how on earth could Voldemort have got hold of Sirius when he's been in Grimmauld Place all the time?"

"Sirius might've cracked and just wanted some fresh air," Ron said, sounding worried. "He's been desperate to get out of that house for ages, Vega, you know –"