⚡️ Chapter 53 ⚡️

The kitchen door opened and the entire Weasley family, plus Hermione, came inside, all looking very happy, with Mr. Weasley walking proudly in their midst dressed in a pair of striped pyjamas covered by a mackintosh. He held his arms out and announced brightly to the kitchen at large, unaware of what was going on in there –

"Cured! Completely cured!"

Mr. Weasley and the rest of the Weasleys as well as Hermione all froze on the threshold, gazing at the scene in front of them, which was also suspended in mid-action. Both Sirius and Snape looking toward the door with their wands pointing into each other's faces, Vega between them, one hand on Sirius's wrist and the other forcing Snape away. Harry was just standing there, looking quite positively shocked against the wall.

"Merlin's beard," Mr. Weasley breathed as the smile slid off his face while Mrs. Weasley gasped in concern over how far things had escalated. "What's going on here?"

"Vega!" Fred exclaimed, pushing his way forward as soon as he saw the wands that were just inches from her face. But she was not as concerned about it – she did not know what came over her.

Both Sirius and Snape lowered their wands. Each wore an expression of utmost contempt, yet the unexpected entrance of so many witnesses seemed to have brought them to their senses. Snape pocketed his wand and swept back across the kitchen, passing the Weasleys without comment while Vega was pulled away swiftly by Fred.

At the door, Snape looked back, speaking shortly, "Six o'clock Monday evening, Potter," And then he was gone out of the kitchen, and then the house.

Sirius glared after him, his wand at his side. Vega was herself quite annoyed and she continued to clutch on her wand even when Fred had wrapped an arm around her.

"But what's been going on?" Mr. Weasley asked again.

"Nothing, Arthur," Sirius said, who was breathing heavily as though he had just run a long distance. "Just a friendly little chat between two old school friends..." With what looked like an enormous effort, he smiled, "So... you're cured? That's great news, really great..."

"Yes, isn't it?" Mrs. Weasley said, leading her husband forward into a chair. "Healer Smethwyck worked his magic in the end, found an antidote to whatever that snake has got in its fangs, and Arthur's learned his lesson about dabbling in Muggle medicine, haven't you, dear?" she added, rather menacingly.

"Yes, Molly dear," Mr. Weasley said meekly.

"Um, I'll get the dinner on the table," Vega spoke up, freeing herself from Fred and putting her wand away as she walked off toward the stove where she had left everything to cook.

"I'll help you," Fred said as he quickly followed, and Vega knew that he was also going to question her over her actions, and he did – "Why did you get in between them, Vega? What if you got hurt?"

"Harry was going to get between them otherwise," Vega replied, checking on the stew and making sure that roasted chicken in the oven were cooked well. "Those three are short-fuses – I mean to say, short-tempered,"

That night's meal should have been a cheerful one with Mr. Weasley back amongst them but Vega could see that Sirius was trying to make it so, yet when he was not forcing himself to laugh loudly at Fred and George's jokes or offering everyone more food, his face fell back into a moody, brooding expression that reminded Vega too much of herself.

And I don't like that.

While Vega, Harry, Ron and Hermione sat together in one corner of the table, having their dinner, Harry told Ron and Hermione under his voice about having to take Occlumency lessons with Snape. Vega was keen to hear what they had to say.