⚡️ Chapter 35 ⚡️

"No!" Vega exclaimed, and Fred laughed at her reaction. "You're making some very questionable decisions today, Fred. That place is full of pinkness and that only reminds me of that toad,"

"Alright, alright, let's go wherever you like," Fred agreed.

Vega and Fred ended up walking to the outskirts of Hogsmeade, sitting down on a nice patch of grass under the thin, winter sunlight where they shared sweets with each other. It reminded Vega of the time they went all the way to Honeydukes through the tunnel just last year. But from here, they could see the mighty mountains that surrounded the land.

It was nice for once.

The remaining weekend went by quite as pleasantly. For the majority of the Sunday, Harry and Ron worked on their homework while Hermione worked on the knitting of socks and scarves so Vega got even more time to hang out with Fred out on the school grounds – especially since it was the last burst of autumn sunshine of the year.

It seemed, for once, that everything was normal – as normal as it could be in such a time. Vega felt like she was doing better just by being with Fred because she didn't really have anything to keep from him. He knew everything about her now... well, aside from the scar on her stomach.

On the other hand, the knowledge that they were doing something to resist Umbridge as well as the Ministry, and that she was a key part of the rebellion gave Vega a feeling of immense satisfaction. It was like converting the negative feelings towards Umbridge and the Ministry were converting into much more positive emotions through this rebellion.

The knowledge that all those people did not think Vega and Harry a lying weirdo, but people to be admired, buoyed them up so much that both of them were still cheerful on Monday morning, despite the imminent prospect of all their least favourite classes.

For the first time, Vega did not have any dreams – good or bad – and marked the date as 'nil' on her October Dream Diary. And while Hermione was still getting ready, Vega headed downstairs.

Downstairs, the Gryffindor common room was lit with sunlight and Vega looked out the window to see the sky. She had just turned to look for Harry and Ron when she noticed the addition to the room that had already attracted the attention of a small group of people.

A large sign had been affixed to the Gryffindor notice board, so large that it covered everything else on there – the lists of second-hand spell-books for sale, the regular reminders of school rules from Argus Filch, the Quidditch team training schedule, the offers to barter certain Chocolate Frog cards for others, the Weasleys' new advertisement for testers, the dates of the Hogsmeade weekends, and the lost-and-found notices.

However, the new sign was printed in large black letters and there was a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly signature. It read:

– BY ORDER OF –

The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts

All Student Organisations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No Student Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.