⚡️ Chapter 41 ⚡️

All the balls were released into the air above and the fourteen players shot upward, along with Madam Hooch. Vega ascended into the air to the level of the Chasers and glanced toward her two friends – Ron streaked off towards the goal hoops while Harry had zoomed higher and set off on a wide lap of the pitch, gazing around for a glint of gold; on the other side of the stadium, Draco Malfoy was doing exactly the same.

Once assured, Vega dodged the first Bludger sent in her direction and streaked forward to grab the Quaffle out of the air just before Montague could lay his hands on it and she rushed toward the Slytherin side with her fellow two Chasers at the ready.

"Everyone's favourite Chaser, Vega Lestrange of Gryffindor is first to get her hands on the Quaffle!" Lee Jordan was commentating as per usual. "Go, Vega! Show 'em!"

Vega chuckled and as soon as she had reached the Slytherin side of the field, they enacted their first strategy and threw the Quaffle off toward Angelina.

"And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle," Lee continued on. "What a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me –"

"JORDAN!"

Professor McGonagall was clearly not a fan of that, but Vega couldn't focus too much on the commentary too much as she was being showed with Bludgers from Crabbe and Goyle. It was quite clear to her that they were hoping to harass her first.

"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest – and she's ducked Warrington, Quaffle passed back to Lestrange, Vega Lestrange of Gryffindor, she's passed Montague, she's – ouch – been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe...

"Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and – nice Bludger there from Fred Weasley, of course it's him, luckiest guy in school, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse passes to Lestrange and Lestrange's away –"

There was a nasty pain in Vega's back and she wished that she could get back at Goyle for that but she kept on focusing on the task at hand – which was to score as many points for Gryffindor as she could before the Snitch was caught. She flew with the Quaffle, and Lee Jordan's commentary rang through the stadium well in the din of the crowd, all yelling and booing and singing –

"– dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger – close call, Vega, be careful there – and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?" Lee asked.

And as Lee paused to listen, the song rose loud and clear from the sea of green and silver in the Slytherin section of the stands:

Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring,That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin,

He always lets the Quaffle in,Weasley will make sure we win,
Weasley is our King.

"– and Vega passes back to Angelina!" Lee shouted loudly, trying to drown out the sound of the singing. It was because of that Vega even passed the Quaffle as she might drop it in annoyance. "Come on now, Angelina – looks like she's got just the Keeper to beat! – SHE SHOOTS – SHE – aaaah..."

Bletchley, the Slytherin Keeper, had saved the goal; he threw the Quaffle to Warrington who sped off with it, zigzagging in between Vega and Katie; the singing from below grew louder and louder as he drew nearer and nearer to where Ron –