Chapter 32

"It's been a very wonderful night. We hope that we'll see you both next time." Jack said, shaking Chris's hand. Jennifer looked at me and smiled, sensing it was her real smile than before. We were now outside the restaurant and the cold wind touched my skin which made me shiver. It was a good thing Chris lent me his coat.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but you're not so bad after all," I said to Jennifer.

"You're not bad yourself." She replied as she turned around and left with Jack.

I was now left alone with Chris who seemed to be back in his unreadable state.

"So... you came." I finally said, breaking our silence.

"Yeah, I thought I'd see you for the last time." Chris announced at me. For the last time? He's leaving?

"What do you mean for the last time, Chris? Y-You're leaving...me?" I said, tears starting to form in my eyes. Just hold it Hailey.

"Yeah, seems so." Chris sighed, brushing his hands in his usual messy but sexy hair. Why did it feel like I had just been stabbed right now?

"W-Why?" was all I could say.

"You wanna go for a walk?" Chris offered. Why can't he answer me? Was he serious about leaving? Tears were still forming in my eyes but I didn't let it dare to fall.

"Just answer me Chris! Why are you leaving so suddenly? When are you coming back?!" I bursted out. A few moments ago we were so happy... why did it have to come to this?

"Hailey, let's talk somewhere else. It's too public here. Where's you're car?" Chris whispered at my ear. I shivered.

I lead him to my car that was parked near the restaurant. I didn't know where he was taking me, all I can say is that the car ride was so silent that lead me to slumber. I didn't realize how tired I was today.

- -

Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Chris smiling while he stared at me.

"You fell asleep," he stated, still staring at me. I smiled at him and realized that I was already in my room, tucked in bed. He tucked me in. I smiled at that thought.

"What time is it?" I curiously asked. I hope it wasn't past ten already.

"It's two fifteen." Chris replied. My eyes opened wider when I heard his reply. Two fifteen?!

"How long... have you been watching me sleep?" I asked, looking embarrassed. I hope I didn't snore.

"Since I tucked you in." he answered, smiling at me.

I looked at his eyes again, his deep blue unreadable eyes... it finally came up to me that we still had something serious to talk about. I sat down on my bed and looked at him.

"Chris... please answer my question about five hours ago. Why are you leaving?" I began, tears starting to form in my eyes while I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"You're good at eye contact now," he murmured. He still wasn't answering my question.

"Chris please! Just answer my question!" I begged, not allowing the tears to fall down. No. I never cry. Never.

"Let's lie down first, and I promise I'll tell you." he breathed, tucking me in place again and laid down beside me. I turned to my side to face him and he did as I did. He sighed and held my hand.

"Hailey, my father's sick. He is suffering from a heart disease. The doctors said he has to rest. So I'm the only one he can trust with the company." Chris began, his voice bellow. I knew his father. My heart ached for him. I hope he will feel better soon.

"How long has he have to rest?" I asked.

"That's the problem. He has prevent himself from stress or else he'll have a cardiac arrest. We wouldn't want that, now do we?" Chris answered, looking at me in the eyes. He has been drawing circles using his thumb on my hand which felt comfortable.

"I'm sorry. But what does it got to do with you leaving?"

I felt Chris sigh. "Martin corporation is a very big company Hailey. It has been serving the world for many years and it has spread it's branches worldwide. I have to go to every branch there is and check it's statuses. You see, there are currently 1,023 branches built and 342 that is still being built." Chris sighed. I was aching for Chris. I felt bad for him, but I know I had to understand him.

Martin corporation was built for already a hundred and forty-eight (148) years already and it has been passed on to every heir they had. The next heir was Chris. He had no choice, now did he?

"So you're leaving tomorrow?" I asked, feeling tears already fall. Ugh. Why did I ever have to cry?

"Later. By seven in the morning. First stop is at Germany." Chris sighed. I know he didn't want this job. I cried harder. Why did it have to be later?!

"You'll come back again, right?" I muttered. He pulled my into a hug.

"Of course I am. I can't just vanish forever right? But it's going to take a long time." He croaked. I was happy to know that he's sure to come back.

"Can I ask you a favor then?" I cooed at him while we were still in our hugging position.

"Yeah?"

"Can we stay like this tonight?"

"Yeah..." Chris sighed.

The next thing I know, soft lips were already smacked into mine. His hand moved to my hair as he deepens the kiss, making my insides melt. I remember the thought of him leaving that made me cry while we were kissing. I didn't want him to leave my side anymore. His kisses were lustful, but passionate. It was all I ever wanted. Suddenly, he pulls away as we were both breathing hard. He stares at me for a moment before he lifts his hand to wipe my face.

"I'll come back for you, I promise." he said as he pulled me into a hug again which made me feel comfortable and safe.

I thought of the irony I just made. Before I wanted him to vanish from my life... but right now, I wanted him to stay beside me forever.

"I love you..." he whispered as he kissed my head. Did I love him back? Of course I did.

"I love you too." I muttered under my breath as we both fell into slumber.

x x x x

I'm crying right now! :((( I'm sorry that it had to come to this :(( UGH I hate myself for this already :( But I hope you loved it! :) Please watch out for the next chappie :)) Please share your thoughts and don't forget to vote if you loved it! :)

*In case you guys are wondering about Martin Industries hihihihihihi

MARTIN INDUSTRIES - a company that is considered as the world's leading company according to Forbes magazine. The company consists of: banks, hospitals, Electric producers, cellular producers, and so on.

READ CHANGE FOR REVENGE pleaaaaseee! I just updated it :)