Chapter 18

CHRIS POV

I'm so happy right now. Just sitting here right in front of Hailey and talking to her made me feel really comfortable. The way her bluegreen eyes sparkled when she laughed. The way her pale cheeks suddenly turn to red when she blushed. The way she laughs like a fine lady. She's just perfect.

When Hailey asked me if I could accompany her to Mace at the hospital, I didn't dare to deny. I had no classes left for the day, neither did she.

We were now heading back to the cafeteria to get her bag that she left behind a while ago. The three girls looked at us as if they looked really surprised seeing me and Hailey together. Who didn't? Hailey and I looked like a couple who just made out from a fight. I even some my basketball teammates drop their jaws. I wanted to hold her hand so that I could show everyone that she was mine. But she wasn't.

"Ooh, look who just came back from a fight." I heard one of her friends say. I believe it was Amy. Amy and I had PE classes together. I looked at Hailey and saw her pale cheeks turn to red again. Beautiful. "Shut it, Amy." Hailey said, looking all embarrassed. I hated it when she tries to look embarrassed in front of me.

I didn't want her to be embarrassed. I wanted her to be comfortable when she was in front of me just like how I am when I am in front of her. I looked at her friends once more and saw one  blond friend of hers beaming eyes at Her. It looked like she was angry at her. When she saw me look at her, her face suddenly softened. What was that about?

"I just dropped by to fetch my bag. Chris and I will go and visit Mace at the hospital. You guys wanna come?" Hailey asked with a smile. Amy and the black-haired girl giggled. The blond one was obviously faking her giggle. Was it me or what? Why do I have a bad feeling about her?

The three of them just looked at each other and made a conversation through eye contact. Hailey has weird friends. "Nope. We don't want to spoil both of your moments together. Besides, we still have classes here." The black haired woman finally replied.

"What about you guys?" Hailey asked as she looked at Amy and the blond girl.  "Well, Janice is right.  And we can visit Mace tomorrow." Amy said with excitement. Both of them looked really excited and happy except for the blond one. She just sat there and obviously smiled a fake smile. "Okay then. So I think it will just be me and you, Hailey."I said, sounding happy to know that none of them were coming especially the blond one. Hailey just blushed more. The two girls shrieked in excitement.

"Okay then, we better get going." Hailey replied while she avoided eye contact with me. When we said our goodbyes and turned around, we heard someone suddenly speak.

"Wait!" the blond girl said before we turned around and saw her standing up. So she finally spoke. She looked really shocked and surprised. Amy and Janice looked at her with surprise written all over their faces as well.

"What is it, Tracey?" Hailey asked, looking confused. So her name's Tracey. It rhymes with Hailey. I hated everything about her. I don't even know her yet. "Um, what happened to um, Mace? Why is he at the hospital?" Tracey asked.

She should've asked that earlier before Hailey and I turned around to leave. Hailey just looked at me while she grinned. "Why don't you explain, Chris?" Oh, so she was teasing me. The four of them looked at me, obviously waiting for a reply. I let out a big sigh.

"He has been experiencing abnormal frequent discharge of semisolid or fluid fecal matter from his bowel recently." I replied. Hailey just looked at me with laugher in her beautiful bluegreen eyes. The three girls just looked at me confusingly while raising their eyebrows.

"He has diarrhea, for god's sake!" Hailey cried out. The four of them just laughed. I joined in the party too. "We seriously have to go now. Visiting hours might be over soon." Hailey stated. "Both of you enjoy, alright?" Janice said. What a very supportive friend. "Shut it, Janice!" Hailey hissed. We waved goodbye and left them.

 When we finally arrived at the parking lot entrance, Hailey looked at me. "What?" I asked. "Do you, um, want us to drive separately?" she asked, avoiding eye contact. Did she want us to drive separately just like what happened at brunch? "Do you want us to drive separately?" I asked in reply while I looked at her. She stayed silent for a moment. "No..." I felt her blush again. I just smiled. "My car it is."             

x x x x

Hey guys! :) Like the story so far? Please do share your thoughts and don't forget to vote! Thanks much :) x