Chapter 5

Chris P.O.V.

After I closed the door, I let out a big sigh. It was my first proper conversation with Hailey. Not really that proper though since I spent almost sixty percent of my time in there laughing. It was really hilarious how her best friend would lie to her about being her comatosed for almost three months. Now that I'm think about it, I'm laughing my butt out outside Hailey's room.

"STOP LAUGHING!" I heard her scream from inside. About a minute ago, I was angry because she called me a stalker, but now I'm laughing as if nothing happened. Am I a bipolar? I frowned.

"You're weird." I heard someone talk behind me. I turned around to see Mace standing there, raising his eyebrow at me.

"I know. Haha! How could you, man!"I replied.

"How could I what?" he asked me, still raising an eyebrow.

"Lie to her, stupid." I answered.

"Lie to hear about wha-" he paused. His eyes turned wide. "You didn't! You told her about her not being in a coma?! She's gonna kill me, dude!" he continued.

"You should've lectured me about it before I came in, stupid. It could have been more fun." I replied with a laugh.

"I know, right? You should've seen the look on her face when I told her she was in a coma, dude! Haha!" My phone beeped. It was time for me to go.

"You should go in now, Mace. You're in a lot of trouble. I have to go now.", I said since I was sort of in a hurry that time. I was about to turn around when...

"Wait, why did Hailey call you a stalker?" he asked suddenly. I clutched my hands and frowned. Why does she think I'm a stalker.

"She thinks I'm a stalker, Mace. I really have to go. Bye!" I said and turned around.

Six O'clock p.m

I couldn't stop thinking about Hailey. The way she looked so confused was really cute. The way she frowns, the way she laughs, the way she smiles, everything about her is really beautiful.

I wouldn't forget that time when I first met her at the park in Fig Avenue three months ago.

It was when I dropped by the park to buy ice cream. I saw a woman who was around 18 years old, holding a little boy's hand who seemed to have lost his mother.  She had this look on her face that was really confusing.

Hence, she looked beautiful and concerned. When I was at the  ice cream truck, I heard a voice behind my back. I turned around to see that woman looking at  me. "Um, excuse me, but do you happen  to see a woman wearing a long black skirt and a yellow top? She has long black hair and her name's Juliett. Do you happen to see her pass by?" she asked me, avoiding eye contact. She was still holding the little boy's hand. I stared at her for a while.  "I'm sorry but I don't happen to see anyone dressed like her." I replied.  "Oh, okay. I'm sorry for bothering you."

The little boy suddenly cried, "Hailey, do you think I could still find my mommy?" the little boy asked, still sobbing. Hailey. Hailey. Hailey. Her name was Hailey.

After that incident, I couldn't stop thinking about her. Hailey.

It was the first day of school in Colton College. I was a transferee and a major in Business management. I was looking for the Dean's office when I passed by a familiar face. Hailey. I followed her to make sure it was really her.

I'll find the dean's office later.  She headed towards the bathroom and got in. She was there for more than three minutes already. I got worried thinking about what might have had happened to her for being in there for so long, so I entered the bathroom. When she exited the cubicle she was in, she looked at me with a shocked look on her face again as she hurriedly went for the door.  Beautiful.