Chapter 6

Hey guys! :) this chapter is dedicated to @TheBookworm622 and TheNerd_Dreamer :) they were the first ones to comment on chapter one! :) I really really appreciate it guys! :) Here's chapter six! :)

Donr forget to follow and click ★ :)

- - - - - - - -

Hailey P.O.V.

3:30 p.m.

I got discharged at the hospital the next day and Mace drove me home. I was still giving him the silent treatment because it really bugged me when someone lies to me. I hated liars.

The drive home was silent. Until suddenly... Poooooooooot

What was that? Did... Did Mace just fart?

Awkward.

I bit my lip, trying hard not to laugh. The car smelled like shit. I slowly rolled down the windows, still looking outside the opened window. Aaaahh.. fresh air!

"Sorry. I couldn't hold it any longer." Mace suddenly blurted out, sounding embarrassed. I couldn't help it anymore. I laughed my head off. For a while though. Just for a while. He looked at me and started laughing, too. I frowned.

So he thought he was forgiven, huh?

"Shut up. I didn't ask you to laugh with me." I told him as I was still looking outside the window biting my lip. It really was funny.

"I told you I'm sorry, Hail. I was gonna tell you." I ignored what he said.

"Hail?" still ignoring you.

"You know I hate liars. You lied to me. You made me look stupid in front of Chris." I replied a minute after, still looking outside the window.

"I forgot to tell you that I was kidding because I got suddenly busy buying you the food you wanted, because I know you hated hospital food, and I got busy answering the phone calls from both your parents." Mace explained trying to look at me.

And then I noticed that I haven't got hold of my purse since that night at Mace's party.

"My parents called?" I asked.

"Yeah. They were worried sick. Your stepdad wanted to come visit you. But he said he'd have to book a flight first. I assured him that you'll be fine because you were under my care. I also know that you didn't like to bother people."

I loved my stepdad so much. He's been such a good husband to my mother. Unlike my real dad, Steve, who doesn't really keep in touch with me. He usually keeps in touch with me during my birthdays and holidays. I didn't care because I had Phil, my stepdad.

"You should give Phil a call. I'm pretty sure he's still worried." Mace said with a smile.

"Where's my purse?"

Mace looked at me.

"I don't know, Hail. I'll try to give Chris a call later and check if he has it."

Great. Chris has my purse. Mr.Stalker.

3:47 p.m.

Mace stopped in front of my house and noticed that my car was parked in the driveway. How did that happen?

"You didn't bring your car while you went to my party?" Mace asked raising an eyebrow.

"Um, I did, actually. I don't know how it got here." I answered looking confused.