Chapter 33

Five and a half years later...

"So what are you up to?" I asked Chris as he positioned himself comfortably on a black leather grandfather sofa. It's been almost six years now and I really really miss him.

"Nothing, I just missed you so much babe." I hear him reply. I just smiled at him as we looked at each other on the screen. We may not see each other personally, but with the help of technology these days, we spend our free time calling each other on Skype. He's usually the one who calls me since he doesn't have that much free time everyday and I do.

"What time is it there?" I asked him. He said he was at the Philippines and plans to stay there for a week since there were a lot of problems in the systems there.

"It's lunchtime here. 12:24. And I believe it's almost 8:30 in the evening there." he affirmed. He looked really sexy with his sleeves rolled to his elbows with his hair slicked back. Did I forget to mention that he already wears eye glasses in times that he had to face the computer? Well, since we've been facing each other for hours on the computer screen everyday, his eyes have been experiencing eye strain. So I asked him to see an Optometrist so he can have his eyes checked.

"What did you get for lunch then?" I mused at him.

"You," he replied as his lips formed into a sexy smirk. That's what he always say every time I ask him what he had every meal.

My eyes suddenly felt like dropping and I let out a yawn. He must've saw me yawn.

"You should go to sleep. You must be tired already." he commanded as he smiled.

"You should eat first," I also commanded at him. He tilted his laptop and I saw food on his table. Fried chicken, rice and spaghetti. Mmmmm.

"Looks delicious," I implied. He tilted his screen back at him.

"You're more delicious, babe. Just one look at you, and I feel full." he joked. ha ha really funny.

But my eyes were demanding to drop already. So I guess it's time for me to sleep now.

"Baby, I'm going to bed first, okay? It's been a very long day for me and my eyes are demanding to be rested." I yawned.

"Wait, I must give you a hug first!" Chris demanded as well.

He motioned his arms for a hug and I did as well. After that, we both hugged ourselves like we did everyday every time we said our goodbyes. More like a virtual hug. "I'll see you soon. Good night, mwaaah!" Chris implied as I turned off the call.

- -

5:25 pm

It's been three days since I heard from Chris. He hasn't called me then. I was kind of worried at first, thinking that something must have happened to him but then I thought that he did say there was a lot of work to be done in the Philippines so he must be very busy.

I was now in the office, getting ready to end the day when my phone suddenly vibrated. It was Mace.

"Hello?"

"Hailey! It's Chris!" I heard Mace say, sounding like he was panicking.

"What about him?" I replied, sounding nervous.

"His body has been brought here!" Mace ranted. What did he mean by that?

"Mace, tell me what's going on clearly. Please!" I pleaded as I tried to calm myself.

"He... He... they said he was in an... accident. I'm sorry." Mace admitted. An accident? Chris was in an accident? That must be the reason why he hasn't been calling me lately. How could I not know?! Tears started flowing on my face. I didn't know what I was supposed to do.

"I'll come pick you up." Mace said over the line. I didn't realize that I haven't hung up yet.

I waited for Mace to pick me up outside the office. He arrived ten minutes later in his blue Jean Bugatti car. I got in directly and turned to him.

"Hailey, I have to let you understand what's happening right now before you get a heart attack..." Mace advised. I didn't have time to hear him out.

"I'm going to get a heart attack soon if you don't bring me to him!" I scuffed. I'm so sorry Mace.

The car ride was silent yet my thoughts filled it with a lot of images of Chris. I didn't want to lose him just yet. I've been waiting for him all these years, and losing him would be the last thing I wanted.

I didn't know where Mace was driving me to. But I do know that we were off to the hospital. A few minutes later, I noticed that we have passed to every hospital there is in town. Was Chris's hospital somewhere out of town? I glanced at Mace who seemed to be calm at the moment. Lucky him.

I also noticed that he wasn't wearing his casual clothes. Instead, he wore a while polo and formal pants with black shoes. I didn't know where he has been.

"Where have you been? I mean, why are you wearing that?" I asked, finally breaking the silence that flooded the room.

"Oh this? I was um... at a party. My boyfriend invited me to this formal party where you know... it's formal." Mace muttered. Huh. Did I mention that Mace admitted that he was gay? He is.

Finally, the car stopped and we were in front of a divine Church. I thought we were going to see him at the hospital with his live unconscious body... but we were at the Church. This was what I believe was the biggest Church here in town. There were also a lot of cars parked outside. I couldn't help but think that there were a lot of people who visited Chris's wake.

x x x x

:( I'm sorry guys... please do watch out for the next chapter. (:(

*Nicholas Sparks has inspired me a lot you guys :)))))))

Share your thoughts and please don't forget to vote! :)

x x x x

CHANGE FOR REVENGE is up for an update! Watch out for it! :)