Chapter 8

CHRIS POV

I went to the grocery to buy some chips and some beer for my buds who were coming over to watch the basketball game between Miami Heat and Spurs on live t.v. an hour from now. So I was quite in a hurry.

As I was about to look for an aisle to pay in the cashier, I found an one where there was only one person in line and she was handing out her credit card to the cashier. Perfect timing. I went in line right next to her.

 She was wearing white shorts and a tank top. I adored her legs for a while when I noticed she was tapping her foot and folding her arms. The cashier was still swiping her card from the machine again and again. I believe there was something wrong with the machine. For almost six minutes, she tapped her foot. I knew why she tapped her foot. I looked at her since her back was facing me.

"You're impatient." I told her with a smirk.

She turned around. I was shocked. What a coincidence.  Great.  She must think I'm stalking her again.

"Oh. It's you. Again. What? Still can't stop stalking me?" she said raising her eyebrow.

Didn't she read the note I left in her purse? Didn't she find it while she looked for her keys and phone in her purse?

I frowned. "I believe you haven't read the note yet, Hailey."

She was now looking at my cart. She must have thought I bought everything she bought once again.

My push cart was smaller and had only beer and chips in it, unlike her cart that looked as if she was trying to feed a big family. She lived alone. I just stared at her while she was looking at my cart.

She was trying to avoid eye contact. She wasn't good at making eye contact with people.

"Hailey?" I looked at her raising an eyebrow. She just rolled her eyes. I hated people who rolled their eyes. It just seemed like a sign that they're pissed off or something.  Girl thing.

"Stop calling my name, you stalker."

There's that word again. S-T-A-L-K-E-R. I really hate being called a stalker. I just frowned. The cashier suddenly handed out her credit card to her. She took the card and rushed off the exit pushing her cart. It looked like it was a heavy cart because she was struggling.

As I exited the grocery and went to the parking lot, I looked for my car which was parked at C8. I was now at C6 nearing C8 when I found Hailey trying to bring the last grocery bag in the hood of her car. She was struggling when she dropped the last grocery bag back in the cart again. Maybe it was heavy. I should go help her.

I grabbed the grocery bag in the cart and placed it in the hood.

I smiled and then looked at her.

"Um, thanks." she murmured under her breath. Damn. She looked so 'cutiful'. Cute and beautiful.  Cheesy. I couldn't help but smile. But I can sense that she was still weak from the hospital. Why didn't she ask anyone else to go grocery shopping for her?

"You know you haven't fully recovered your strength, right?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes in reply again. She should stop rolling her eyes or else it's gonna pop out.

"Stop rolling your eyes or else it's gonna pop out." I suddenly said  grinning. Why did I just say that?

She looked at me with wider eyes. She believed it? And then I remembered that she hated liars.

"I'm just kidding, Hailey." I assured her still laughing mentally. She looked pissed. Something must have crossed her mind. She still looked pretty when she's pissed though.  She then closed the hood of her car. Great. She was starting to leave.  But I wanted to talk to her some more. I wanted to see her some more. I wanted to piss her off some more. In a good way, perhaps.

"You owe me now, Hailey." Why the fuck did I just say that?

"I owe you what?!" she asked sounding surprised.

What did she owe me? Why did I say she owed me something? Reasons reasons reasons. I needed a reason.

"You owe me for helping you out with the groceries you couldn't carry." I answered with a grin. Perfect.

"It was only one bag!" she replied.

"It was one heavy bag."

"I didn't ask you to help me." she said, frowning.

Right. She didn't ask for help. While I was thinking of a reply, I heard her stomach growl. She hadn't eaten yet? Is that why she brought a lot of food?

"Perfect! Let's go and eat!" I said still grinning.

I say she hasn't eaten her breakfast yet, and it was almost noon now.

"Just one brunch, Hailey. One brunch."

I heard her stomach growl again. This time, it growled louder. She looked really embarrassed.  And I really didn't mind her look since she looked pretty cute in an embarrassed face.

"Fine. But on one condition."

I did not see that coming. Great. She has a condition in mind.

"What's the condition?"

"We're driving there separately and then you can't talk or come near me ever again."

Really, Hailey? That's not just one condition. I counted.

I raised my eyebrows. "I thought you said you had one condition. You let out two conditions." I said as I raised my  two fingers.

"Two conditions then." she  simply replied.

Sure, I could drive separately with her on our way to brunch, but never talking or coming near her again? It was hard since I'm already used to seeing her face and bumping into her. I had to find ways to remove the latter.

"But you said only one!" I said, hoping changes her mind about the latter.

"Take it or leave it.", she said simply with a smirk.

I made a thinking face. Should I just let this moment slip off? Or should I just agree with her condition and come with her to brunch? Light bulb! I remembered she still haven't thanked me for bringing her safely to the hospital and for saving her car from being confiscated! Ding ding ding ding! I could use that excuse next time.

  "I'll take it."

x x x x

Hey guys! :) Like the story so far? Please do share your thoughts and don't forget to vote! Thanks much :) x