Chapter 9

Hailey POV

I went inside the driver's seat and turned my direction to the right side mirror. I noticed Chris enter his  car which was parked right next to my car. Annoying stalker.

My phone suddenly rang. An unknown number calling. I held out my phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"You lead the way, Hailey."

He has my number now. It was a good thing my car's windows were tinted in a darker shade so no one would see me from the inside. I punched, more like slapped the steering wheel. I turned to my right and noticed that Chris's windows were tinted too. Like mine.

"Hailey?" Chris called out from the phone. He said my name once again. I shivered. Was Chris scrolling through my phone? I could feel my face turn red from the thought. I was getting annoyed with this stalker. One brunch was all it had to take for him to stop following me.

"Head out to Burger King in the east.", I said as I finished the call. I exited the parking lot and saw Chris's car tailing mine.

We arrived a few moments later at Burger King. I was craving for burgers since I haven't had one for weeks. I parked my car and saw Chris park his car right next to mine. I rolled my eyes.

I looked at myself in the mirror and retouched my make up. I applied a pink lipstick and a few pats of powder. I even fixed my hair. Was I trying to look beautiful in front of Chris? I shook my head.

Chris POV

The moment I parked my car in front of Burger King, I looked at myself in the mirror. I made sure my face was clear from dirt or something. Weird. I fixed my hair with my hands. And then I reached out for the compartment and looked for my perfume. I sprayed perfume on my neck and my shirt.

My phone suddenly beeped. It was a message from Max.

Chris, man, where r u? We're ryt outside ur house. Hurry. The game's about to  start in 5.

Shit. I totally forgot about the game.

I replied:

Got an emergency.  Sorry dude. Can't be there.

After I sent the message, I noticed that Hailey hadn't come out of her car yet. Maybe she was also fixing herself. I smiled. Or maybe she was waiting for me to open her door for her.

When I opened my door, she opened her door as well. She paused for a minute the moment she realized that we got out of our cars in unison.

She raised her eyebrows.

"What?" I was surprised when we said it in unison again.

"Stop copying me.", both of us said in unison once again. We both had shocked looks on our faces.

She paused. I paused along as well. This was so fun.

Hailey raised a finger.

"Shut up.", she said as she walked away from her car. I chuckled.

Too bad I wasn't able to open her car door for her.

- -

Hailey was leading the way to the entrance of Burger King. I looked around to see there were many cars parked in front of Burger King. I frowned when I noticed that Hailey was wearing only shorts and a tank top that exposed most of her skin. When Hailey was about to reach the door, I went pass her and opened the door for her. She just raised an eyebrow and got in.

The moment she entered the room and looked for seats, I noticed a lot of guys were checking her out. Who wouldn't? I walked closer to her so the guys who were checking her out got the message that she was with me.

When I felt her skin touch mine, she looked at me but didn't mind at all. Maybe she thought that it was just because it was sort of crowded around here. I smirked.

We sat in the stool at the bar. It was  the only available seats there and we were just lucky to have the last seats. It wasn't the best seats since I couldn't lean on my back. Stools. I frowned.

"I thought it would be less crowded here. Sorry." Hailey said suddenly.  She must've noticed my frown.

I smiled. "No, it's okay. I've been craving for burgers lately. So I think it's worth it." She just gave me a questioning look and raised her eyebrow. "Um, I have to go to the bathroom. Save this seat for me." she said as she stood up and left. What was that about?

A few moments later,  I felt a hand on my back. The hand was moving vertically back and forth in a smooth slow motion. I didn't bother to turn around because I wasn't interested. I felt a soft whisper on my left ear. "I need you to act like my boyfriend for a while.  My ex is on your right." I shivered when I felt Hailey's breath warm up my skin.

I looked to the right and saw a man with black hair wearing a leather jacket. Jack Foster. I know him because he was reported to me by the investigator  I hired when I asked him stuff about Hailey. He cheated from her with some prostitute. He was a jerk.

I wanted to have fun and make sure this guy realizes what he just lost.

I turned my gaze at Hailey who looked at me as well. "Let's have some fun." I said with a chuckle. Before she could change her mind, I grabbed her waist and placed my chin on top of her right shoulder. I tilted my head down so it looked like I was kissing her neck from the back view.

Hailey's body was frozen for a moment until she realized what I was trying to do. She then placed both her arms on my neck.

I felt Jack turn his attention  at us. "It's working." I heard Hailey whisper. "It better be." I replied.

"Hailey? Hailey Green?" Jack asked.

"Hey, want me to stop? He's got your attention already." I whispered to Hailey.

"Not yet. Hold me tighter. I need to make it look convincing"

I did what she asked me to do. I held her tighter.

"Hailey, it's me, Jack."

"Chris, I'm about to pull away now. Make sure you'll still have your arms around my waist. And make sure to make it look convincing." Hailey whispered at me.

The moment she pulled out of my arms, she turned around to Jack. I had her arms around her waist as instructed.

"Oh, I can see its really you. Hi, Hailey. Don't you remember me?" Jack asked Hailey. Hailey acted confused and raised her eyebrow at him.

"Jack? Hmm, I don't know any Jack." Hailey answered and turned her attention to me. "Hey, babe. Do you happen to know any Jack?" I smiled. This was fun.

"I don't believe I've ever heard of a Jack, baby." I replied with a grin on my face with my arms holding her tighter.

Jack looked confused.

"Hailey, it's me, Jack Foster. We, um, used to date."

Haley just stared at the man blankly. Poor Jack.

"Oh, did I? Sorry. I must've forgot. I usually forget the ones who are bad in bed." Hailey replied with a wink.

"Oh, and this is my boyfriend, Chris. Chris, this is Jack. He said I used to date him, but I don't remember him at all." Hailey said turning her head at me.

I held my free hand to Jack for a handshake. He shook my hands but I noticed that his grip was tight, so I held it tighter.

x x x x

Hey guys! :) Like the story so far? Please do share your thoughts and don't forget to vote! Thanks much :) x