Chapter 4

Six thirty three a.m.

I woke up with a pounding headache. What happend last night? And why are my sheets white? When did I change the color of my room to white?

My eyes widened. Shit. 

Why am I at the hospital? I looked at my left arm to see an IV attached to it. I shivered.  I hated needles. I looked to the right and saw a man sitting in front of me, sleeping.

It was Mace.

He was frowning while he slept, which looked so cute. I giggled slightly. 

But why am I at the hospital? Why can't I remember anything that happend last night?

I leaned my head back again and went back to sleep, hoping that when I wake up, I'll remember everything that happened. 

Eight sixteen a.m.

I heard a slightly loud noise beside me. I didn't want to open my eyes because I still wanted to sleep.

  I dreamt that I woke up inside a hospital full of color white and some needles attached to me. "Hey, Hailey? You awake already?"a familiar voice asked. That's when I woke up.  So it wasn't a dream.

I positioned myself sitting on the hospital bed comfortably. My head still really hurt so bad that I placed both my hands on top of my head to hopefully reduce the pain.

"You feeling better? Want me to call the doctor?" Mace asked me sounding concerned.

"Well my head still hurts and I feel like I'm having amnesia. How long have I been here?" I asked Mace.

"Well you've been asleep for almost three months now, Hailey." Mace answered with a sad look on his face.

"You're kidding me, right?"

"No, I am not, Hailey. We've been worried sick about you. Ever since my party, I went back to the bar to ask you for a dance, but you weren't there. I thought you went home because you were tired. And then I got a call from Chris who told me that-"

"Hold on for a bit, did you just say Chris?! Chris the stalker?! What did he do to me?! Did he poison me or something?!" I interrupted. Rape? No no no!

"Chris the who? I mean Chris Martin. He sent you here. Are you sure you don't remember anything from that night?" Mace asked me with a concerned voice.

"How could I remember when I was out for almost three months?! And why did he send me here?" I asked.

"He said that you were vomiting a lot and you looked very pale. You got out of his car saying that you have to come back to the party. He asked you to stay still and wait until he drives you to your home.  He brought you back in his car when you suddenly opened the door and walked off.  It was a good thing that his speed was slow or else something worse could have happend to you. And while you were walking, you puked again and again until you collapsed. The doctors said it was because of the alcohol content of the drink you had that night and because you drank alcohol on an empty stomach which wasn't good. So Chris immediately called me up and I came here." Mace explained.

Chris the stalker really brought me here? Huh. Maybe I'm dreaming. I slapped myself using my right hand. Chezzus fries, that hurt!

"What are you doing? Wait, you  think you're dreaming, aren't you?" Mace asked with a smirk on his face.

"Maybe I'm right." I replied.

"Sorry sweet cheeks, but you aren't.  So stop slapping yourself."I stopped and thought, why was I in Chris's car?