Chapter 11

CHRIS POV

I watched as Hailey leave the diner and head to the parking lot. Was it something I said? Or was it something I did? Why would she leave me hanging like that? She didn't even have brunch with me! So does that mean the deal between me and her is over?

Hailey POV

I didn't have a choice but leave. I didn't know the answer why I kissed him back. Maybe because I'm stupid, that's why. I suddenly remembered that I was so hungry when my stomach growled. Perfect. I didn't even have a chance to have brunch with Chris. That means the deal was

over.  One brunch was all it had to take for me to get rid of that stalker and I wasted it. I blame Jack for this.  Fuck you Jack. Fuck you. If he wasn't at the diner during that time of the day, I would have got rid of that stalker already.

The drive home was fast. I headed straight to the kitchen to cook some food when I forgot that the groceries were still in my car. Shoot.

As I walked straight to the door, the doorbell suddenly rang. 

I opened the door to see Phil, mom and my 6-year-old stepsister, Sarah standing between Phil and mom.

"You're here!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, Hailey! We wanted to visit you when we heard you were at the hospital. Sorry if we took so long. Mace told us that you were discharged yesterday." mom said as she gave me a hug.

"Thanks, mom! Hey, Phil! It's good to see you!" I said as I went over to Phil and gave him a hug.

"Hey there, big girl! How are you? I can see that you still haven't changed a bit since I last saw you." Phil replied as he hugged me back.

I laughed. "The last time you saw me was last month. So don't expect me to change in a month, Phil. And stop expecting me to change because I will never change."

Suddenly, I heard a little voice.

"Hi, Haiwey. D-Do you remember me?"

Sarah looked so cute as she hid half of her body behind mom's back.

"Of course, Sarah! Come here and give me a hug!"

Sarah ran to me as I bent over to give her a hug.

"Mommy, can I stay over at Haiwey's house tonight? I wanna to sleep right next  her." Sarah said as she looked at mom.

"Why don't you ask Hailey, sweetheart?" mom replied as Sarah looked at me. "Haiwey, can I sleep right next to you later?" Sarah said as she held my hand.

"Of course, Sarah. As a matter of fact, why don't you all stay here until you head back to California? I wouldn't mind." I said as I looked at Phil and mom.

"We'd be glad to, Hailey. We'll head back to Cali in a week, so I hope you don't mind." mom replied.

"Of course, I don't! Come on in you guys!" I said,  opening the door with Sarah who was still holding my hand.

"You guys can sleep in the guest room on the second floor while Sarah can stay with me in my room." I said the moment we entered the house.

"Great. I'll go grab the luggages." Phil said as he opened the door.

Mom looked at me after I heard my stomach growl again. She must've heard it.

"Honey, did you skip your meal again?"

"Sort of. I skipped breakfast and headed to the grocery store since there were no food left in the fridge."

Mom opened the fridge and turned to me. "Where's the food, then? I thought you headed to the grocery store this morning?" mom asked.