Chapter 14

My heart rate suddenly increased while Chris was trying to estimate his position before shooting the apple in the trash bin that was ten meters away from our table. "Okay, I'm ready." Chris said, trying to sound confident.

I didn't manage to look at him so I just focused my eyes on the trash bin. My heart was seriously beating fast already. What if he shoots the apple? What if he doesn't? If he does shoot it, I have to out on a date with him three times. I couldn't help but wonder why he only asked for three dates. Maybe he has his own reasons. But if he doesn't shoot the apple straight into the bin, I won't have to go out on a date with him. Ever. 

"Here goes nothing." Chris said as he took a very deep breath. He sounded pretty nervous, but still looked pretty confident. I took a deep breath as well. I looked at him for a moment and noticed that he was shaking. When he raised his arm in a throwing position, I was really really nervous. 

"Wait!" I yelled. Right now, I noticed that people were now looking at us. "What's wrong?" Chris asked. I felt his eyes on me for a moment. But I didn't bother to do eye contact with him. I swear I was really nervous. "I can't look at this." I replied, placing my hands on my chest. "How would you know who wins then?" Chris asked, looking at me. "Um, you can be honest, you know." I replied again, now looking at him. He chuckled for a moment . "If you say so." he said with a huge grin on his face. It's that grin again.

"I can't trust you, can't I?" I asked, now raising an eyebrow while grinning as well.

"It's all up to you, Hail."

I just looked at him straight into the eyes. Can I even trust this guy?

"Fine. Shoot." I breathed out, looking away from him.

I heard him take a deep breath again and I still couldn't manage to look. My heart was racing. I can still see some people crowding near our table who were obviously looking at Chris. I even saw some girls take pictures of him and adoring him while cheering. 

"This is for you, Hailey." I heard Chris mutter under his breath.

Suddenly, I heard a round of applause from the little crowd that surrounded our table. I turned around to see Chris who was now bowing his head from side to side for a few times. He looked so cute while he bowed his head. But wait, did he shoot the apple? I think he obviously did since the crowd was already cheering. When he caught my eyes looking at him, more like staring at him, I thought my heart skipped a beat. His eyes were sparkling while he smiled at me. I think everything went in slow motion when he walked near me.

"Like what you see?" Chris asked. That was fast. He was in front of me already.  I looked around and noticed that there was no crowd surrounding us already.

I then saw Chris's fingers snap in front of my face. "Hey, Hailey! You okay? You look kinda weird." Jesus. What's wrong with me again?

"Um, did you shoot it?" I asked. It was all I had to say.

"What do you think?" Chris answered, now raising an eyebrow as he grinned at me.

"Fine. I'll go out on a date with you. But only three times! After that, no more!" I said. I was now looking at his sparkling deep blue eyes.

"Perfect. Three times is all it has to take for me to ..." Chris said, looking as if he was surprised about what he was about to say. 

"It takes for you to what?" I asked, suddenly curious.

"To, um, to eat in a fancy place!" Chris answered, still grinning.

"What?" I asked again. 

"Nothing, Hailey, nothing!"Chris replied, now smiling.

We were now sitting in front of each other. I was really curious about his unfinished sentence earlier.

- - 

The bell rang signaling the end of the second period. I only had one hour left until Geometry class. I glanced at Chris for a moment. He was still sitting right in front of me. I noticed that some of the girls were looking and staring at me as if they wanted to eat me alive. "Isn't that Chris's jacket she's wearing?" I overheard one of the girls behind our table said. Great. They were now talking about me. And I didn't even care one bit.

I looked at Chris who was now scrolling through his phone while smiling. I guess some woman texted him right now  and told him  that she wanted to go somewhere with him and make out but ended up having phone sex right in front of me. Why did that thought cross my mind? Gross.

"Hey, Chris." I said, trying to get his attention. But he didn't budge.

"Hey! Hey, Chris!" Still no reply. Huh.

"Hellooo? Earth to Chris?" I said, now rolling my eyes. He still didn't budge.

"Oh, baby." he said so suddenly while chuckling. He was still looking at his phone.

What the hell?! Was I right? Didn't he hear me call out his name? Was he really busy doing phone sex with someone right now in front of me?!

I got pretty annoyed so I kicked his foot real hard under the table. 

"Ow!" Chris said as he placed his other hand on his foot while his other hand was still holding his phone. 

"What the hell was that for, Hailey?!" Chris asked sounding really hurt. He was really overreacting. I didn't kick him that hard. 

"If you're just going to have phone sex right now, do it somewhere else and not right in front of me!" I said, clearly and loudly. I noticed that people were now glancing at us  and whispering to each other   once again. 

"I'm busy doing what?!" Chris asked now sounding confused at the same time angry. I felt anger rush through my veins as well. 

"As if you didn't hear what I just said! Oh, right, you didn't because you were too busy thinking about who you're having phone sex with!" I said angrily. 

What the heck is wrong with me?

x x x x

Hey guys! :) Like the story so far? Please do share your thoughts and don't forget to vote! Thanks much :) x