Seven: Ghost World.

Later, Damon is tied to a chair. A pole stuck in his chest, just missing his heart...

Damon groaned.

"You gotta be kidding me." Said Damon.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" Mason asked.

"Oh, Stefan." Damon said.

Damon looked up to see his daylight ring on the floor.

"Low blow, Stefan. Low blow." Damon said.

Stefan walked in and chuckled.

"What the hell happened to you?"

"Whatever twisted ripper game this is... leave me out of it." Damon says.

"This wasn't me. I didn't do it."

"Quit screwing around." Said Damon.

"I didn't. That's pretty messed up, isn't it?"

 That's pretty messed up, isn't it?"

"Yep." Damon said.

Stefan pulled the pole out, and Damon groaned. Stefan then pulled off one of the cuffs and walked out.

"Yeah. Not to worry. I'll just untangle myself." Damon muttered.

Damon pulled on the chains around his chest, Mason opened the curtains, and Damon screamed.

Later, everyone was in the middle of town, and Carol talked into a microphone...

Ellie and Elena walked around as if they were looking for someone.

"As a long-time member of the historical society... I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers." Carol said.

The crowd clapped.

"Tonight we turn off our town's lights and flare up our lanterns... in honour of the Night of Illumination started by our founders 150 years ago. Here's founding family member Tobias Fell with a history lesson." Carol said.

"What are we doing here?" Jeremy asked, looking over at Ric.

"Tobias Fell is the head of the history department. I didn't have a choice."

"All right. That explains what you're doing here." Jeremy said.

"I'm the one that can fail you if you don't help me out."

Ellie and Elena walked over to them.

"Hey. Sorry, we're late." Elena apologised.

"What did we miss?" Asked Ellie.

"Just a bunch of historical lies, Ellie. That you would've found boring." Anna said.

"You didn't miss anything." Jeremy tells them.

They listened to Tobias speak, and Anna scoffed.

"After the founders stole from the vampires." Anna says.

Jeremy chuckled quietly.

Ellie and Elena frowned at each other before looking at Jeremy.

"What's so funny?" Elena asked.

Jeremy pointed to Tobias.

"Safe from the vampires." Anna said.

Jeremy shoved her slightly. They held on to each other's hands.

With Caroline and Bonnie, Bonnie was on a ladder hanging up lanterns...

"I can't believe Matt. He could've killed Stefan and Ellie. So, when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna too?" Caroline asked.

"I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line on the other side. And as long as he wants to see Anna... and she wants to see him, she's still here."

"You don't think I can actually resist commenting on that? Seriously, you and Ellie's relationships are stressing me out. I'm trying my super hardest not to punch Stefan in the face." Caroline says.

"You commented."

"Bonnie..." Caroline says, signing softly.

"What do you want us to say, Caroline? We're just going through something similar right now. She gets it, and I get her. I went against nature when I brought Jeremy back to life. Now I'm paying the consequences."