Nine: Homecoming.

Later, Stefan, Ellie, Elena, and Damon...

Stefan called Klaus.

Klaus: "Portland is fantastic, once you get over the whiney music and healthy-looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

Stefan: "Your father's dead."

Klaus: "What did you just say to me?"

Stefan: "Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

Klaus: "Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

Earlier that day, Stefan, Ellie, Elena, and Damon came up with a plan. A plan Ellie and Stefan made...

"Let's say Mikael followed Ellie in here. Tried to grab her so he could use her as bait." Said Stefan.

"And you, what, vervained him?" Elena asked.

"No. We vervained him. Guy's an Original. If we're gonna lie, at least let's make it believable." Ellie tells them.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process, we discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan said.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah..." Elena said.

"Think. We think he was planning to use it on Rebekah. Don't say you know for sure. Because we don't." Ellie says.

"But, instead..." Stefan says.

"I drove it through his heart." Ellie said, looking at Stefan and nodding at him.

Stefan signed and nodded.

"What happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked.

"Good point. You have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him... the last thing we need is you getting tongue-tied." Damon said.

"He can do it, Damon. I believe in him." Said Ellie.

"She's right. My job is to get him back here. That's all." Stefan tells them.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof."

"And when he turns up and Mikael's not dead

"And when he turns up and Mikael's not dead... he'll kill us all." Elena says.

Ellie and Stefan looked at her.

"But he'd be in town then, duh. We can kill him." Ellie said.

"Elena, leave your sister to the planning. No offence at all. You aren't exactly an expert on making plans." Stefan said, smiling.

"Oh. I just mean Mikael's gonna need to die..." Elena said.

"Trust me, Elena; Klaus is gonna want proof." Ellie said, nodding.

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael said, walking into the room.

Ellie walked towards Mikael, and Stefan went with her.

"And if he wants to see you in person?" Asked Ellie.

"It means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him." Mikael says.

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him." Stefan tells him.

"Oh, I am in possession of a stake... fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael said.

"Where is it?" Asked Damon.

"Not here." Mikael says, frowning softly. "Knowing its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?" Stefan asked.

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying." Said Mikael.

"We know." Said Elena.

"Right. So... it falls to you or you." Mikael says, holding out the dagger.

Ellie took it and looked at Mikael.

"Y... y... you want me to actually dagger you?" Ellie asked, stammering.

"Make it believable. Klaus will leave nothing to chance, especially when it comes to trust. And it'll also make it easier for him to lie if he sees I'm actually daggered." Mikael says, nodding to Stefan.

Back to the phone call with Stefan and Klaus...

Klaus: "I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body. For myself."

Stefan looked up at Ellie and then at Mikael's body. Stefan had to keep looking at Ellie every time he lied. He didn't know why. But it kind of helped.

Stefan: "Well, he's here. Come by whenever."

Klaus: "If you're lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?"

Stefan gets a flashback of Ellie stabbing Mikael.