Just Curious

Photo credit to Mikadzuki Eru

Time was slowly passing on Momo as she sprawled like a boy in the middle of the training rooms. Limbs and thighs strained and tensed, stretched wide on the floor. Very unladylike and lacked the grace she is known for. Wearied out after minutes of a sparring session with Ashido who had outdone herself with her nimble and agile footwork that got the creation girl flat on her back and drained of energy.  After a few minutes of cooling down to ease the tension from the sparring, Momo is down in her current position. The pink girl has left earlier, with a reason to get them a refill of their drink.

She closes her eyes for a brief second and the echoing silence of the wide space made it all the more apparent that she is finally, deserted. She expects the next scheduled session will be after a quarter, so their next session will be limited.

The slow and cautious opening of the room door had her rolling on her elbows to check on the newcomer,

“You’re quick Ashido-san…” her voice trails off when she, instead,  is met with a pair of overly familiar white shoes, taking noiseless steps that seem to be heading in her direction. She looks up from her respite and saw the face she least expects. Whether it be caused by the aftermath of the exercise or the distinct and rugged leaping of her heart, her face warmed up at having been caught in such a disgraceful, unMomo-like position, and promptly sat up.

“I’m sorry to disappoint.” He answers back as he lowers down on a bended knee and meets her eye.

The boy is sweating as well, some strands of his damp crimson and white bangs matted on his forehead. It seems like he has been training too. The question of why he is here now remained on her tongue, and Momo adjusts herself, rising to an upright position and pressing her knees closer to her chest.

“I was in the other room..” The question must be vivid on her face. It is so unlikely for someone like Todoroki to start a conversation, but he does at times. 

“I see..” She smiles meekly before easing her gaze to the floor.

Momo is one to hold on to conversation, whether socially or intellectually but she hasn’t got the slightest chill before someone as unfathomable as Todoroki. He eludes her, making her systematic and sophisticated way of processing bend into an incomprehensible mess of words. And so to save herself the embarrassment, she bit her lip a little too harshly. An instinctive habit, that she began noticing happening only around the stoic yet stellar boy of sixteen.

“Are you still using the room?”

She looks up from secretly containing herself to turn into a mumbling mess, shortly noticing his periphery fixed on something else. Summoning back her frayed confidence, she answered quite rapidly in panic.

“We’re about to leave maybe after twelve minutes…Would you like to spend the remaining hours at your convenience? Ashido-san and I were done so we can leave you to your own devices.”

‘Stupid Momo.’ She immediately berates herself. ‘ He just told you he had trained in the other room.’

She attempts to redeem herself from embarrassment, moving to exit but his left hand halted any further motions, as she sat flat back before him again.

“Not so fast Yaoyorozu.”

Todoroki presses firmly on her training shoes and she is left utterly nonplus. He loosens the pressure when he made sure she was in full rest, shoulders relaxing at her compliance.