Slowly Filling in the Picture

No.

He simply couldn't just assume that. Assumptions were recipes for disaster.

Was her 'Good morning' enough to tell they were? But one could just simply send that to their friends.

'What about the photo?'

'I am telling you, she is. You're a man of action so try holding her hand. If she held you back then there's your answer.'

He stopped in his tracks.

'Can he... do it? It seems easier just saying it, yet, it putting it to motion felt nerve-wracking...'

He ought to think this through.

He had already gone three hours into his shift and only did much as to sign some autographs or some photos for the matter. It had been a particularly peaceful day, the skies were clear and blue. Wondering, what could she be doing at this time and moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yaoyorozu-san."

"Best Jeanist-san! I am honored, I didn't expect you this early in the morning."

"Thank you for accommodating me on such short notice, I'm well aware that you could be occupied yourself. " Momo pressed her hands on her skirt as she sat down. She'd be lying if she says she's not expecting her early guest would be Shouto because he had been consistent. But he had gone back home, and she won't be expecting him to appear any time soon.

"I did intend to visit anytime this week, but something came up and had to head back to Tokyo... anyway I came because I have a proposal for you..."

The Pro-hero's gaze penetrated through his swept, blond hair.

"A... proposal?"

Without wasting another beat, he continued.

"I suppose the Todoroki boy had beaten me into it, knowing quite well how he seems to be smitten by you...

'Wha--?'

"And I don't want to appear like I'm stealing you from him but, I at least would like you to consider my proposition. A position in my agency. Honestly, I'm impressed by the versatility of your quirk, not to mention your professionalism. And your pleasing character is a plus."

She was taken aback by his direct offer. She quieted. But she had to say something, regardless.

"Sh-I mean, Todoroki-san did offer a proposal for me.."

He leaned in closer, hands clasped together beneath his chin.

"And you answered with a yes?"

He sounded quite intrigued. "No. I haven't promised him anything yet, and I don't want to cause another unflattering issue."

"Hmm. Nepotism was it?" He leaned back. "Anyone who would think that about you must be blinded with jealousy. After all, it takes a pair of a trained eye to see who's worth it or not, for me, you're the former."

Her heart swelled at the compliment.

"I did consider his offer but, I've decided to start somewhere else." She clasped her hands together.

"Well, how about considering my proposal then.."

With an elegant flick from his shirt pocket, he slid a business card on the table to which Momo accepted.

She carefully perused the details written. "I'm most honored that you have considered giving me a place in your agency, Best Jeanist-san.."

"Hmm. I'd make it more flexible for you... You can work for me for 6 months, and I'll let you decide if you wanted to stay for another year longer or two.."