The One That Got Away, Or Is It?

Minutes after the last subject ended, Todoroki finds himself walking alongside the rest of his classmates trudging the same path leading to the dorms. The day has been strenuously grueling and draining, sucking out not only their stamina and energy but also their will and sanity.

Not that he wasn't used to it, but the depression and stress radiating from his classmates were so contagious they clung to him. He slows his pace, far and away from the eye of depression.

They only have a month left before graduation. Finals are drawing near, and they have to work twice their efforts if they want to be a part of the graduating class. Yet, some of his classmates are already looking forward to it and they have started stashing away their stuff for those who want it, a souvenir or some sort of memento to remember others by.

"Yo! Guys!" Sero walks ahead of them and waves a hand to gather their attention. "I'm passing on my manga collection! Who wants one?!"

A cacophony of yells and flailing hands responds and suddenly the class is back at its normalcy.

"Race you to the dorms!"

Almost half of them ran after the tape hero, saving only some. Shouto notices even Iida and Midoriya run along with the vanishing group.

He turns to the small chuckle on his left.' Yaoyorozu.'

He didn't know why, but thinking of leaving school and not seeing his friends daily left a dull ache in his heart.

"You're not running after them?" He asks, her eyes narrowing at the little laugh she's making. It's a pretty view.

"Eh?" She turns to him, her smile vanishes, and instantly regrets his question.

"You're not going?"

"Why? Aren't you?"

He blinks.

"I don't think I -"

She cuts him off, then a chuckle escapes her mouth.

"Loosen up a bit, Todoroki-san, it's our last days anyway.."

Slowly and with grace, she sets off, urging him with a small smile. Following shortly after, he mirrors her smile.

"Whoa, Sero didn't know you'd been hiding this all this time!" Kirishima lifts each copy from the cardboard boxes stashed in the common room. Most of the free space in the common room has been taken over by huge boxes waiting to be hauled. The class is hounding around the box Sero owns.