10. See you soon

'I came to say goodbye to Bran.' Jon said coming in, seeing Catelyn crying over Bran. She barely left his side.

'You've said it.' Catelyn said annoyed as Jon approached the bed

'I wish I could be here when you wake up.' he told a sleeping bran 'I'm going north with uncle Benjen I'm taking the black...' Catelyn looked up to him with teary eyes not for Jon but for her son. Jon knelt before Bran, 'I know we always talked about seeing the wall together but you will be able to come and visit me at Castle Black when you're better I'll know my way around by then I will be a sworn brother of the nights watch. We can go out walking beyond the wall if you're not afraid.' Jon added.

'I want you to leave.' Catelyn said through clenched teeth they both looked at the door to see Ned. Jon got up and pressed a kiss to Brans forehead before heading out Ned close the door behind Jon. Ned approached his wife taking slow steps before sitting down next to her.

'17 years ago you rode off with Robert Baratheon, you came back a year later with another woman's son and now you're leaving again!' cat told him exasperatedly. 'I see the way you look at Sofia!' Catelyn sneered. 'What am I to think!'

'I have no choice.' Ned told her shaking her head. 'Fia is like a sister to me. I love Fia like a sister, I wanted her for Robb,' Ned told her. 'I thought them a good pair.. before... this.'

'Well clearly she doesn't care for Robb yet she adores you!' Catelyn shouted.

'It is not like that, you know that!' Ned assured her.

'That's what they always say, all our goals but that's what you tell your family, tell your son... you do have a choice.' cat told him 'and you've made it.'

'Cat-' he said reaching her but she pushed him away

'I can't do it.' she told him 'I really can't'

'You can, you must.' he told her before heading out himself.

++++++

'You said goodbye to Bran?' robb questioned coming up to Jon, they were headed out, Robb was to be the new lord of winterfell in his fathers absence. 'He's not going to die I know it.' Robb told him

'You starks are hard to kill.' Jon remarked

'My mother?'

'She was very kind.' Jon lied.

'I'm sure she was... Next time I see you you'll be all in black.' Robb remarked as Jon saddled his horse

'It was always my color.' Jon added. 'Sofia is bringing me to the wall... guess your little plans to woe her failed.' Jon remarked.

'Shut up... maybe you can get a fuck in before your vows of chastity?" Robb teased. But Jon shook his head embarrassed. 'Farewell snow.'

'And you Stark.' they shared a warm embrace before Robb headed off.

+++++

'It is a great honor to be in the nights watch the starks have served it for thousands of years and you are a stark.' ned told Jon, 'you might not have my name but you have my blood.'

'Is my mother alive? Does she know about me? Where I am where I'm going? Does she care?' jon questioned hopelessly.

'Next time we see each other we will talk about your mother.' Ned promised before riding off.

'You sure?' Robert questioned for the millionth time.

'I am sure.' Fia told him.

"You and the imp... goodness you two have been thick as thieves since you were as little as him!" Robert teased.

'Tyrion is my friend,' Fia told him. She didn't understand why they had to keep their relationship a secret, they were not actually related and one of these days Robert was going to push her to marry some stuffy old Lord. But Tyrion told her he would tell Robert, when they got back.

'I know... alright you take care of yourself.' Robert demanded hugging her tight.

"You too, stay out of trouble while I'm gone.' Fia told him.

'Trouble, ha!' he laughed kissing her head. 'What fun is life without trouble!'

'Listen to Ned.' Fia added.

'That's right,' ned said riding up to her. 'Listen to Ned.' Ned agreed he dismounted pulling her into a hug. "I wish you were coming with us.' Ned told her.

'I will see you both very soon.' Fia assured, she pressed a kiss to both their cheeks before hoping onto her horse. "I love you both!" she declared riding off, catching up with Jon and Tyrion.