11. A trick?

'I don't realize there were going to be so many stops.' Fia remarked, she tucked cold fingers under Tyrions shirt, stealing his warmth.

'Who are they?' Jon questioned nodding over to the men they were bringing to the wall. Tyrion put his book on Fias stomach looking over the men.

'Rapers. They were given a choice no doubt' Tyrion said as three men were untied and brought next to the fire. 'Castration or the wall,' Tyrion told Jon 'most choose the knife...' Fia lay her head in Tyrions lap, one hand running through her hair, the other across her chest running along her arm. 'Not impressed by your new brothers? Lovely thing about the watch you discard your old family and you get a whole new one.' Tyrion told him, going back to his book.

'Why do you read so much?'

'Look at me and tell me what you see.' Tyrion asked him

'Is this a trick?'

"Handsome, witty, brilliant-' Fia began and Tyrion smiled down at her, he licked at his lips before turning his attention back to jon.

'What you see is a dwarf. If I had been born a peasant they might've left me out in the woods to die. Alas I was born a Lannister of Castlery rock. Things are expected of me. My father was the hand of the King for 20 years-' Tyrion reminded him.

'Until your brother killed that King' Jon remarked

'Yes.' Tyrion agreed 'until my brother killed him.'

'And I became a real princess for a moment before Joffrey was born, it was good time...' Fia added.

'Life is full of these little ironies.' Tyrion said running a hand through Fia's black hair. 'My sister married the new king and my repulsive nephew will be the king after him.'

'He really is repulsive, isn't he?' Fia agreed. 'He takes after Cersei, that's for sure.'

'But I must do my part for the honor of my house. Wouldn't you agree? But how?' Tyrion asked 'well my brother has a sword and I have my mind and I need books like a sword needs a whetstone, that's why I read so much Jon Snow.' Tyrion told him. 'And you? What's your story bastard?'

'Ask me nicely and maybe I'll tell you dwarf.' Jon said calmly. Tyrion laughed.

'A bastard boy with nothing to inherit, off to join the ancient order of the nights watching alongside his valiant brother in arms.' He glanced over at the rapers they had picked up anxiously.

'The nights watch protects the realm from...' jon began.

'Yes yes' Tyrion agreed, '-against grumpkins and snarks. All the other monsters your wet nurse warned you about.'

'White walkers too,' Fia added sitting up, 'and dragons and mermaids-' Jon stared at her. 'what? I thought we were saying all the things that don't exist but we wish did!' Fia told him with a chuckle. 'I like to read too.' She added as she linked her fingers with Tyrion's.

'You're a smart boy you don't believe that nonsense.' Jon looked over at his new brothers, 'everything is better with some wine in your belly too,' Tyrion said throwing him a pouch. Jon took a long sip

+++

'When we get back.' Tyrion confirmed.

'You're not going to chicken out?' Fia taunted.

"Me? Never I'm the bravest man alive.' Tyrion told her.

'Heaven help us then.' She teased and Tyrion pulled her down to him. 'Promise?'

"The moment we get back.' Tyrion assured. "I will talk to your brother and we will be wed.' Tyrion told her, pressing a kiss to her lips. "I promise.' She nodded looking back over to their companions. She didn't like the way they were looking at her. her eyes kept traveling to them. 'It's okay,' Tyrion told her. "I will keep you safe.' A chuckle escaped his lips as he led her away from them. 'Rude,' he informed her. 'I'm a great protector.' Tyrion told her. 'You gave me your heart many years ago and I have yet to break it.' Tyrion reminded her and Fia couldn't help but smile.

'You ready my Lady, my lord?' Benjen questioned as he searched for the little lord but then he saw Fia's black hair blowing in the wind.

"Almost!" Tyrion called, he held Fia to him, they kissed, long and slow, their tongues stroking, their bodies pressing together tightly until they heard the crunch of footsteps in the snow. Tyrion pressed a kiss to her cheek as she stood up. 'Ready.' Tyrion said as they got on their horses, they would be at the wall in no time and then they would head home and Tyrion would marry Fia Baratheon.