twenty five

Before you were able to share what happened in your nightmare with Obi-Wan, you both were called to the war room. Obi-Wan tried to hide his annoyance at the fact that he wasn't able to help you with your nightmare. As the two of you walked through the Temple halls, side-by-side, he could sense that your thoughts were still on it.

"You need to be more mindful of your thoughts, little star," Obi-Wan whispered. "Especially before you get in front of other Council members."

"Right," you breathed out with a nod. "I am trying to re-center myself."

"I know. I am just concerned."

You shot him a pressed-out smile. "I will get it handled... besides, dreams pass in time, right?"

~~~

While in the war room, you and Obi-Wan were assigned on separate missions. You were both to report to your star cruisers as soon as possible. The two of you quietly walked back to your rooms together. You paused outside of your room. OBi-Wan stopped, feeling your nerves slowly build.

"Let's get you inside," he muttered, looking to check if the hallway was clear before guiding you into your room.

Your arms were wrapped around his waist with your head buried in his chest as soon as the door was closed. You were in the mindset to lead a battalion right now, that much you and Obi-Wan could tell. Obi-Wan's arms came around you to hold you against him.

"You all disappeared," you whispered. Your voice was muffled against Obi-Wan's chest.

"Who?" Obi-Wan asked, keeping his voice soft.

"Ahsoka, Padme, Anakin.... You.... A darkness devoured each of you, one by one... and I had to watch until I was the only one left..."

"Little star—"

"That's not all."

You pulled back slightly, just so that you could see his face. His eyes were so intently watching you, full of concern and love. Just thinking about telling him what else you saw was breaking you. Obi-Wan could feel what it was doing to you. Keeping one arm around your waist, his other moved up so that his hand could gently hold your face. You immediately closed your eyes and leaned into his hand.

"If it's too much, you can wait to tell me the rest," he whispered.

You opened your watery eyes to meet his caring ones. "It's just— if this nightmare was the Force warning me about what's to come..." you paused for a second. "I don't want to say what else because I don't want to believe it myself yet..."

"If this is the Force telling you something, little star, then you shouldn't hold it in. Baring this burden by yourself won't do you any good."

"Just... allow me to meditate on it first."

"I don't—"

"Obi-Wan, please. Trust me on this."

You knew that Obi-Wan could use your bond to figure out what you had seen but you had to trust him to not do that. Obi-Wan had a brief thought to just push your bond to figure out what was weighing you down, but he wasn't willing to break your trust. He sighed, giving you a nod.

"I trust you," he said softly. "I simply can't help but worry. Maybe we should tell the Council that you are unable to go on this assignment. That you are unwell. I fear that this nightmare will distract you."

"I know how to control my thoughts on the battlefield, Obi," you responded. "I was trained by the best. Once I am there, I will be fine."

"Still, I—"