3. The Unexpected

"It seems like we've done this before," Felicity said, smiling, as Oliver opened the door of QC for her. "Let's hope we have better results then we did last year," Oliver added, seriously.
Then he added, teasing, " And if we do have another bidder for the company, let's hope he's too old to interest you."

Felicity knew he was referring to her short hook up with Ray Palmer, after he took over QC. She slapped his arm them pressed the up button at the elevators.

"Well, who knows," began Felicity,walking into the elevator and pressing the button marked 67,"if he is super rich, age doesn't matter." Oliver rolled his eyes as the elevator doors slid shut.

When they arrived on the 67th floor, Walter Steele, Oliver's stepfather, was waiting for them. "Good news," he stated, in his thick British accent,"There are no other bidders for your company, Oliver."
Felicity let a sigh of relief and said,"All you have to do is go in there and wow them." "Well then let's do it," Oliver stated, opening the glass doors to the conference room.

When Walter, Oliver, and Felicity had sat down, the chairman of the board addressed them saying,"As you know Mr. Queen, the board would like to offer the company back to you."
"It seems the moron who was running it before was even more preoccupied than you where."

Oliver and Felicity exchanged knowing glances. "Also, as you know the company is quite obviously, bankrupt, but Mr. Palmer has granted us a rather large sum of money to run the company." "How much?" Asked Oliver, confused.

"100 million dollars," replied the chairman, seriously.