6. Oliver Queen's Night Job

Oliver was awakened by the ring of his phone. He groaned and reached to the end table for his cell. It was Diggle. "Hey what's up?"he asked in a whisper, with a glance at Felicity's sleeping figure. "It's Lance," began Diggle " masked men entered the PD and took a few officers and Lance, they're demanding some ransoms."

"Ok, Felicity and I will be there soon," Oliver said, hanging up the phone. When Oliver hung up, Felicity stirred and asked,"Dig needs us?" "Yeah,"Oliver replied, kissing her cheek. "Alrighty," Felicity said, flipping the comforter aside, and scurrying to the bathroom.

15 minutes later, Felicity was directing Oliver to the hostages. "They should be in a run down warehouse, not far from Roy's house." Felicity said into her bluetooth. "Felicity, I've never been to Roy's house," Oliver replied. " Oh, well 22nd and Main then," Felicity directed. "Wait how do you know where Roy lives?" Oliver asked.

"Uh, no reason," Felicity replied, then quickly added before Oliver could ask any more questions," Alright, there should be a security system to disable at the back door." The code is 4567," Felicity explained. Oliver punched in the numbers and stealthily entered the warehouse. Oliver followed the sound of voices down a dark hallway and into a large room

Hiding in the shadows, he spotted Captain Lance and three other officers tied to chairs in the middle of the room. Their captors where dressed all in black and holding military grade weapons. Oliver let arrows fly, and all the men fell to the ground clutching their legs in agony. The Arrow walked into the light and cut all the officers loose.

Out of the corner of his eye, Oliver saw a movement. In one swift motion, he picked up a man by the front of his shirt, who was inching towards his gun. "Why did you take Lance and those officers?" Oliver demanded, in his disguised voice. " I ain't tellin' you nothin'," the gangster replied, with a smirk. Oliver gripped his bow and hit the man over the head with it. "All clear," he reported to Felicity.

On Oliver's way out of the building, he didn't notice a dark figure, lurking in the shadows behind him. The man melted out of the shadows and drew a knife. Oliver heard a sound behind him and he turned around just as the man threw a knife into his left shoulder. Oliver yowled in pain and Felicity began to panic on her bluetooth. "Oliver are you ok?" She nearly screeched. Oliver was to busy to answer as he fought his foe. The hooded man aimed a kick at Oliver's knees and he crumpled to the asphalt. The man brought his booted foot down towards Oliver's head, but Oliver rolled out of the way.

Oliver yanked the knife out of his throbbing shoulder and plunged it into the man's foot. As the man yelled out in pain, Oliver got the jump on him. Oliver slammed the man's head down hard on his knee and he crumpled to the street. "Im ok," Oliver said getting in his motorcycle. When Oliver arrived back at the back up Arrow cave, with his shoulder bleeding all over the place, Felicity was steaming. "This, she said, pointing to his shoulder "is not OK." "John could you hand me a needle and thread?" Oliver requested, peeling off his jacket. "Here," Diggle said, handing the items to Oliver.

"What happened out there?" Dig inquired. "I was heading out of the warehouse when I heard a noise behind me, when I spun around I saw a man with a black hoodie on, throwing a knife at me." Dig nodded then grabbed his coat "Lyla said she wants me home earlier tonight, take care if yourself, man," he said, clapping Oliver on his uninjured shoulder, before leaving the cave.

When Oliver had finished fixing his shoulder, he pulled a grey hoodie on and went to put his suit away. "Ya know, I never did ask you how you got my suit back," he said, addressing Felicity. " Well men will do anything for a little extra cash, even those men who are police officers," Felicity said, with a lift of her eyebrows.