4. A New CEO?

When Felicity heard this she dropped off her chair in a faint. Oliver scooped her up off the floor and cradled her head in his lap.
"Please hand me one of the glasses of water," Oliver asked one of the board members. When Oliver had the glass of water he poured it on Felicity's pale face and she jerked awake.

After Felicity had recovered, she left the conference room and got Ray Palmer on the phone. While Felicity was gone, Oliver asked,"Isn't 100 million dollars half of the value of Palmer's company? "Yes," replied the chairman.

Felicity's heels clacked on the floor as she re-entered the conference room. When Felicity had taken her seat she sighed and began,"I just spoke to Ray Palmer on the phone and he explained everything to me." Oliver could tell Felicity was anxious about something so he slipped his hand into her's under the table.

"Mr. Palmer left QC 100 million dollars because of me." " While I was employed under Palmer, I was vice president of the company, and as vice president, Palmer believes I am entitled to half of the company's money."

Felicity's news surprised Oliver but he was soon occupied comforting Felicity who was now sobbing. " I cannot be CEO of QC," she cried " is there some way I can relinquish the job to someone else?"
The chairman of the board began scanning the contract, then he found what he was looking for.

He set the contract in front of Felicity and she read out loud " Acting Chief Executive Officer may sign over company or business to the person of their choice, at the event of the owner's resignation."

Felicity breathed a sigh of relief and squeezed Oliver's hand under the table.