Chapter 26

"I don't feel anything towards you, and you know why, but I know that if you told anyone about what happened, I would be dead meat, even though I don't want to admit it.I don't feel gratitude, but I'm aware I owe you one"

Taehyung's words linger in my mind even after we bought all the gifts.They took everything home and hid everything around the house so Jungkook wouldn't be able to find them, while I took my gift for him with me.

It was a really tiring day, and except Taehyung, a part of my mind is also occupied by Jimin, as he also said something I just can't forget, right after Taehyung saved me.He was quite far away, but when he turned his head around and saw me in Taehyung's arms, near the street, it wasn't hard for him to understand what had happened.  He rushed to us and grasped my shoulders tightly, tears ready to slip off his eyes.

"Jia, are you okay?Are you hurt in any place?What were you even thinking, crossing the street like that?What if something happened to you?"

Jia...who is this person?I even gave up on counting how many times he called me by this name...Why does Jimin cherish this girl this much?Someone significant?Someone he lost?When I asked Jungkook, he said it wasn't his story to tell, but I don't think I can wait anymore like this.

Anyway...not the right time to waste my brain with questions I can't find the answers for.It's better if I do something productive, like packing the gifts I got for Kook nicely.They're for his birthday, after all.

After packing the gifts, I prepare some food for Minho and get out to by all the ingredients needed to make an oreo cheesecake.I just feel like my specialty needs to be in the table for Jungkook's birthday, he loves it, after all.

After buying the ingredients, I head out of the market,carrying two big bags with me, when I hear someone shouting my name.I turn around, only to see Jungkook and Yoongi, probably coming back from the shop.

Shoot!Kook shouldn't see the ingredients inside the bag!What am I gonna do?

Kook runs to me, while Yoongi takes slow steps.Poor cat, he had to endure a hyperactive child the whole day, I bet he doesn't have any energy left for today.It's a miracle he's even walking right now.

Right after Jungkook arrives, he snatches the bags from my hand, carrying them as if they were empty. Just how strong is this man, seriously?

Yoongi also catches up with us, and I stay behind to chitchat a little with him. "First of all, my condolences for the tiring day you had to endure.You did a good thing in the name of all of us." I say, patting his shoulder proudly.

"Don't even mention, I'm never doing that again" he says, pinching his nose in frustration."I think five days of sleep will be enough to fully restore your energy, though" I mumble, nudging his shoulder while roaring with laughter.

"Yah, Minnie, don't you know that teasing old people is a bad thing?Leave Yoongi hyung alone, or next time you come over he might hit you with a slipper" Kook said, laughing as well.

We arrived at my door, and Kook left everything there before giving me a tight hug."Sorry to say goodbye this soon, but I'm dying from hunger, so I better go home and eat something before I eat someone " he jokingly said, running to his home.

Yoongi is still beside me, looking at the big bunny running around."Tomorrow is the big day, good luck and fighting" I say to him, giving him the most encouraging smile before he turns his back on me and leaves.