Chapter 41

Even though it hurts to even think the guys, especially Jungkook, might have something to do with Taemin's death, I need to think about every possibility, no matter how impossible it might seem.

I talked to Minho about that and after three nerve wracking hours of trying to make the best plan, now we're ready. There's no plan B or plan C.Only plan A and there's no coming back if we fail.

Right now,Minho, Jin, Yoongi and Hoseok are at their respective jobs, Namjoon is reading a book in his room, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook are playing video games while I 'volunteered' on doing the dishes. I take a painful glance at the glass Kook used to drink milk this morning, hands trembling inside my gloves.

I take out a little plastic bag Minhyuk gave to Minho yesterday while Minho was at work.Yeah, I introduced them to each other, because we need to work together.I didn't explain exactly everything to Minhyuk though, I only told him I have a suspect for Taemin's murder but I have to keep things low.

I put the glass inside the plastic bag, tears forming in my eyes.I really don't want to suspect him for anything, I don't want to believe he would do such a cruel thing to my friend, and a part of me is really hoping the finger prints in the glass don't match with the finger prints found in Taemin's body. I'm only doing that to shush this stupid doubt of mine.

I quickly wipe the stray tear that slides across my cheek before I go to Kook's room and hide it inside the pillow.I'll give it Minho when he comes back from work anyway, he can put it inside his bag with the things that he takes to work. After that, I join the guys to play video games, beating them all.

The day flew so fast and now Minho entered the home, giving me a look only I can understand.He nods without anyone looking and stealthily makes his way towards Kook's room, knowing where to find the glass.Let's just finish this quickly, I can't wait to prove this stupid doubt wrong.Thankfully, Minhyuk promised us to fasten the test results on the finger prints and he assured us that the results would come out in less than twelve hours.

*At 2 am

I wake up to low whimpers not far from me.I slowly open my eyes and try to find where those whimpers are coming from, only to realize it's Jungkook.

He's crying.

In his sleep.

I jump off the bed and go to him, and fortunately he wakes up this time, breathing heavily.His eyes are filled with tears and as soon as he recognizes me, he wraps his arms around me tightly.

"Please don't let me go for a while" he whimpers.I rub his back while he cries in my shoulder.It hurts to see him crying like this, what's going on? I take him to the bed with me, and he lays his head on my shoulder again, as we are in a seated position.

"Am I strange, Minnie?"

This question takes me aback as I look at him staring blankly at nothing.I ponder over that, what do I answer him? He's not strange, but what is making him think that?

"This room is stained with blood, the walls, the floor, the furniture, my hands...all covered in blood...the blood I shed, Minnie...it's coming after me now...everything I did...please Minnie save me" he cried, snuggling closer to me.

But the room is just fine, Kook.

"Kook, don't worry, I'm here and I'm not going to let go of you.I'm here for you Kook" I try to reassure him, squeezing his hand tightly.

"Am I bad Minnie?"

"Kook, you're the best person I've ever met"

"Will you stay with me?"

"I'll be by your side for many nights Kookie"

"I promise"