Chapter 35

I slowly open my eyes, realising I'm in Jungkook's living room.I'm laying in one of the sofas and a blanket is wrapped carefully around me.A sharp pain is felt in the back of my head as I try to lift it, so I try to look around without moving much.

Minho is sleeping in the other sofa, hugging his blanket tightly like a little kid.At least he's okay.Other than him, no one else is in here, but I can hear chattering from the kitchen.

My phone is in the table, and the thought of instantly calling Minhyuk is very tempting, but as I glance at the sleeping Minho, that thought leaves my mind.I can't do anything that could put him in danger.But, I can take a look at it, if they didn't want me to, they wouldn't put the phone near me at the first place.

I grab the said object and scroll through  the notifications.A few ads, some celebrities posted on social media, Billie Eilish released a new song...

Whatt?

I need to check it out!

Immediately!

Oh, right now I can't.

It can wait.

My online friends from Australia texted me, probably they missed me since we didn't text for quite a time.I vaguely reply to them, only saying that I had been really busy lately and I would text them again when I have time.Right as I'm about to leave the phone aside, I hear my ringtone.

Minhyuk is calling...

Oh, just how much I want to answer the phone and scream about everything that happened, how much I want to cry for his help, how much I want to beg him to get me away from these people... But I know that he will never be here in time, anything can happen while he's still on the way and I don't want to risk it.But if I don't answer, he might find anything suspicious, so it would be better if I answer him.

"Minah, are you okay?"

No Minhyuk, I'm not.I'm anything but okay.

"Of course I am, Minhyuk.Why wouldn't I be?"

"Why did you call me yesterday, I was in a mission and couldn't answer"

Some psychos are keeping me and my brother hostage.

"Nothing, I just wanted to prank you, but since the line was busy, I figured you might be busy and I shouldn't disturb you"

"Aish, kiddo, what am I going to do with you?Anyway, is there anything you need?I'll get it for you, just tell me"

I need help.

"Nothing, just next time we meet, make sure to bring chocolate with you"

"You sure love chocolate, kiddo.Fine, I'll get it for you, now I have to go, duty's calling.Bye kiddo, take care"

"Bye Minhyuk, you too"

And I hang up.

I slowly get up, the remote control is not far so I grab it and turn the TV on, a news channel greeting me with all its glory.But the news shown in the screen catch my attention.

It's the doctor's photo.

"A doctor was found today dead in his office.Kang Hongmin, 57 years old.He was stabbed thrice and five of his nails were missing.The police have been investigating ever since his corpse was found, but the camera footage is deleted and the culprit has been very careful with the fingerprints, so there have been none, but the police has announced to have found a clue they have yet to share with us"

I stare at the screen, tears already forming in my eyes at the doctor's gruesome death.Even though he hided the real cause of my grandma's death, he didn't deserve that kind of death, not to mention I heard everything.

Suddenly, I feel someone sitting beside me as the remote control is taken gently from my hand and the TV is turned off.I look beside me to see Hoseok giving me a small apologetic smile before turning his head towards the window in front of us."It would be better if you stayed a little away from this situation, it will only hurt you in the end"

I don't respond to him as I also turn my head towards the window.It's already dawn and the sky looks so pretty, but I just don't feel like admiring it today.At least, not as long as I'm not alone.

"How did you kill her?" I mumble, not daring to look in his face.I already know, but he doesn't.I want to see how much sincere he's going to be with me.

"We...through some old connections from the mental hospital were able to find the poison.We put it on her soup without her noticing and...you know the rest, I think" I see him tuck his hand inside his pocket and grasp the poor fabric tightly.Probably feeling bad, huh?

"Thanks for the sincerity, Hoseok.Now I'd rather rest in a proper bed.And please make sure Jimin doesn't kill my brother while I'm asleep" I grumble, grabbing my blanket and getting up from the couch, my back facing him now, but before I can leave, his voice stops me for a moment.

"Minah, I know you're angry, but please, just remember that we...had our reasons for that" and got up to leave.

I stomp my way to Jungkook's room and plop on the bed, scoffing.You had reasons, huh?I'm dying to know those stupid reasons psychos like you could have.