Chapter 39

I roll around the bed, unable to sleep. It's 2 am already, but I just can't get my brain to shut down.Instead, it's just thinking for every single thing that happened in my life.Quite a lot, actually.

Ever since Minho came back from work, he was completely silent and only looked at nothing the whole dinner.He didn't say a word to me and he just excused himself to sleep, in the couch.

After realizing that trying to fall asleep is futile, I get up.Jungkook has his back on me, and I guess he's asleep.I'm not really careful whether I make noises with my steps as I know he wouldn't wake up even if there were gunshots here.

I pass by the living room and glance at Minho's supposedly sleeping figure, only to find him wide awake, looking at the ceiling.I slowly make my way near him, until I'm right beside him."What are you doing?" I whisper, not wanting to get any of the guys awake.

"You already know" he mumbles without even looking at me."Anything?" I ask, already knowing the answer or else he would have looked in my eyes. He is not the type to avoid me like this, but still a glimpse of hope is inside me.

How ironic.It was the guys who taught me to have hope in everything. Particularly, Hoseok.His smile is so bright, just seeing him smile makes me feel like the whole day will be beautiful.That's the kind of energy he gives and I've always been a little jealous of it.I wish I was that bright and hopeful everyday.

"Nothing" he mumbles, but I feel him grab my hand and give it a little squeeze.He always does this to tell me not to worry."You as well" I whisper before I make my way to the kitchen.

I open the refrigerator, and a dozen of banana milk cans greet me.Just a bunny and his obsession with banana milk.Why doesn't he get a fridge for himself?There's more banana milk here than food or water.

I extend my hand to grab a bottle of water, when I feel a hard chest behind me.The scent immediately tells me it's Jungkook, and I don't know why my heart beat accelerates.He extends his hand to grab a banana milk can, but leaves his hand mid air.

"Is there anything bothering you?" he mumbles with his sleepy voice, and I feel hot air hit my neck, making me realize he is much closer than I'd like.

"N-Nothing" I stutter.Why the heck did I stutter?It's not like I have something for him, it's just that his breath is tickling me...

"Then why weren't you sleeping until now?" he asks, once again his breath tickling me, making me shiver.I hurriedly shove him off me and go to his side instead."Just had a lot in mind" I shrug.

He grabs two cans of banana milk and throws one to me while opening his.I barely catch it as I frown."What was that for?" I whisper yell, while he ignores me and sips from his milk instead.

"Wanna talk about it over milk?" he asks, making his way to the balcony. I follow him, not uttering a single word. We both sit in the balcony floor, looking at the stars which are shining so bright tonight.It looks really pretty."What was the thing that stole your sleep?" he asks curiously, not averting his gaze from the stars.

"Everything" I sigh, scratching my head as I sip on the milk."I have a pretty hectic life, you know?" I steal a glance at him, he is looking at me, regret painted all over his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, my life was hectic even before you.My brain just decided to remind me of everything tonight.But I gotta admit, your arrival turned my whole life upside down and I don't know if it's for the bad or for the good" I chuckle, while his face brightens up.

"So I didn't bring only bad to you?" he asks hopefully.I should say only bad, but it would be a lie.I found a great friend at him, a very funny person, a human bunny, and...sometimes I find him kinda attractive as well.

But I've seen a lot of attractive guys in my life, he's no different.

Right?