Chapter 38

I entered the house half heartedly, but my spirits went through the roof when I saw Minho up.About time, seriously, he's not sleeping beauty.

I run to him, hugging him so tightly he won't be able to breathe properly.He rubs my back with his hands while rocking us side to side.It feels nice to have his arms around me at times like these.It makes me feel safe.

I look up to see Jimin glaring at us, mostly to Minho, so I slowly unwrap my arms from him and grasp his shoulders instead.

"So, the sleeping beauty finally woke up, huh?" I nudge him jokingly, while he glares at me playfully.After that, he looks up, and is reminded of where we are.The frown in his face is evident, as I pat his shoulder while getting up.

"How much do you know?" I mumble, and he looks at me dead in the eye. "Everything, they told me while you were out" he said, looking down in shame.I understand him, even I still can't accept the fact that grandma beat them up, it's hard to believe, but deep down, I know the guys are sincere about that.I just hope they don't break my trust again.

He gets up from the couch as well, looking now at the guys, who are all watching us."Am I allowed to go to work?" he asked emotionlessly.The guys raised their brows, while I felt the urge to help my brother out.

"I can guarantee he won't say anything. He and I both know that you won't let him get away with that if he does tell anyone.Let him do this job, it's his dream, please" I ask, clasping my hands together as I give them my puppy eyes that they can't resist.

"Fine, fine" Jungkook said, waving his hand in the air, and Minho runs to me and whispers in my ear, "Be careful here.I won't tell anyone, but I'll figure out a way out of here for both of us.Just hang in there" before running out of the door.

The other guys all went back to their business, but Jimin remained still in his place, looking at me with a really serious gaze.I keep looking at him in the eyes,until he gives up and looks at the floor instead."I have something to talk about with you" he mumbles while scratching his nape awkwardly.

"Sure.What is it?" I say, putting my hands in my pockets while he fumbles nervously."Not here, we need to talk alone and I want to show you something" he says, and without even looking at me, he goes to the front door and grabs a pair of sneakers, ready to go out.I run to catch up with him and then we continue walking, me having no idea as to what is about to happen.

*Twenty minutes later

Right now Jimin and I are at the cemetery, standing in front of a grave with the name 'Park Jia'.He sighs heavily as he looks at it.

"How have you been lately Jia?Things were a little hectic and I couldn't come by, I'm sorry, but look, I brought someone with me!This is Minah" he exclaimed happily, grabbing my arm gently.

"Umm, hello Jia" I waved awkwardly at the grave, obviously receiving no response, while Jimin is smiling so widely, his eyes completely disappearing.

"To say the truth, I haven't been completely nice to Minah and her  brother, and I still can't be nice to the latter, even though I'm trying.This hurt her a lot and upset her, and I don't know how to apologize, and there are many other things I should apologize to her for"

I look at him, completely baffled.Is he actually aware of what he has done? He actually regrets?He wants to apologize?If he actually does apologize, what answer do I give to him?

"I still haven't been able to let you go completely, I still haven't apologized to you properly and I still hope you're alive, and that made me think for quite a long time that she is actually you. Every time I look at her I am reminded of you, you look so similar that I still find it really hard to see her as Minah and not you.I deeply apologize for that, to you and to Minah" Jimin mumbled, looking down in shame.

I can see the sincerity, and seriously he is so cute I can't just ignore him like this, so I pat his shoulder, to show him I'm here."Hearing all that, I can say that I kinda understand you, and I'm sure your sister does as well, so no hard feelings.It's okay" I shrug, waving at the grave and walking away.I hear Jimin say his goodbyes before jogging up to me.

The walk for some minutes is silent, and it's starting to become awkward. We are in a park right now and I sit in a bench, him sitting in the other end.I see him fiddle with his fingers and many times he tries to say something,but gives up without even saying anything.

"Go on and say whatever you have to say, I'm not going to judge" I shrug, looking at the kids running around the park, playing catch.He sighs before looking at the kids as well.

"I should have apologized much earlier for all that, but as you can see I don't have the guts to do so, and I know the indirect apology I made back there wasn't the best, but I still hope you'll understand me one day" Jimin mumbled, not daring to look at me.

"We were playing catch just like these kids that day.She stuck her foot to me and I fell causing her to catch me and win.I got angry at that more than I should and we started fighting.I pushed her and she fell, hitting her head.I laughed it off, thinking that she was just playing around, but she didn't wake up.Someone called the ambulance and she was taken to the hospital, but then she died.That's the undeniable truth I always tried to avoid.I killed my sister" he mumbled, covering his face with his hands in sorrow.

"How old were you?"

"I was...six at that time, she was four" he said, not bothering to get his face out of his hands.

"What?I know the feeling of regret must be really big, I also have done something which I regret every day, but you were a kid, seriously, and given the situation that you also have a mental illness, it's completely justified, and I'm sure your sister also understands you. Don't beat yourself much about it" I say, side hugging him comfortingly.

"And can I make a little gesture for you Jiminie?" I mumble, giving him a small smile.He looks at me with big curious eyes."What is it?"

"Since you mistake me as your sister sometimes,we can do a little deal.We can treat each other like brother and sister, consider it as making up to Jia, but you won't be jealous over Minho anymore.Deal?"

He looks at me, surprised and I can see he's hesitating. Maybe he thinks this isn't a good idea. I have my doubts too, but this can help him to be able to properly let go of Jia, it's worth giving a chance.

"Hugs and cuddles are also part of the deal Jiminie" I smirk, knowing he won't say no this time.

"Deal"