Chapter 36

I slowly opened my eyes, and look out of the window.I guess it's noon now, but I completely lost track of time.I take a look around the room, only to see Jungkook leaning in the doorframe, watching me like a creep.

I rolled my eyes while scoffing."Do I sleep well?" I grumble ironically, crossing my hands as I get up and adjust my pillow so I can sit comfortably.What is even going on with me?I'm calling Jungkook's pillow mine.

"You sleep like an angel" I hear him say, while he walks closer to sit in the edge of the bed.An angel, of course.I'm sure right now I look like I didn't brush my hair for a decade and he still calls me beautiful.Please.

"Keep your distance" I grumble, using my leg do push him a little further away, only for him to end up butt first on the floor.Sorry not sorry.He rises from the floor and looks at me, pain in his eyes.I'm sure I didn't push him that hard, though.

"We...need to talk, Minnie" he says fiddling with his fingers while I feel my blood boil inside my veins."NEVER CALL ME THAT AGAIN!" I scream, getting up from the bed and pushing him again, making him completely lose his balance and lay him on the floor.

"Never call me that again" I croak while tears slide down my cheeks and hit him weakly with my hand."I don't want to get pet names from the person who killed my grandma, my family" I hit him once again,even though I'm aware my hit doesn't have the power I would like it to.

"Why did you kill her Kook?Why?I had just started believing you, why did you have to do something like that?I was willing to give you a chance with time if you hadn't done this kook,why did you do that?Why?Why?Why?" I cry, talking about my grandma made my anger go up the roof as an unknown energy takes over me and I repeatedly hit Jungkook with full force.In his back.

My words cause him to cry and he covers his eyes, but the moment he feels my hits in his back, he screamed loudly, clearly in pain.Are those scars I saw that night causing him pain?

I immediately stop and lift his t-shirt slowly, only to see his scars all red now and he's still groaning, even though I didn't hit him anymore.I help him up and make him lay on the bed, his back facing me.

Why am I even worried about whether he feels pain or not?Why did I feel a little tug in my heart when I saw him crying?Why when he started crying I felt like I had to do everything I could to stop his pain?Why do I feel like this?

My train of thought is interrupted when I notice Taehyung leaning on the doorframe,giving me a blank stare.He takes an ice pack and gives it to me, helping me attend Kook before I cover him with a blanket and than I leave the room so he can sleep a little.

"What happened to him?How did he get all those bruises and scars?Do you know?" I ask Taehyung curiously, and he turns to give me a bored look before turning his back on me and...

...lifting his shirt up?

I don't have much time to get shocked as I notice his back is full of whip scars just like Jungkook.After some seconds, he pulls his shirt down and turns to me.

"You can ask all the guys about their backs and they will all have the same scars.Because someone beat us up in the mental hospital?No."

"Because your grandma beat us up almost everyday.This is how she kept us in control and I bet she did the same to all the other people she took care of." Taehyung grumbles before walking off and leaving me alone.

What?

My grandma beat them up?

It can't be.

There's no way that actually happened.

My grandma would never hurt anyone.

Right?

Then what were those whips doing in the basement when I went there with Minho?

I run to the kitchen only to spot Jin there."Is it true my grandma beat you guys up?" I ask, tears forming in my eyes for even thinking that she could have done that.He turns to me, looking at me hesitantly, as if he doesn't want to say.

"Please tell me Jin, I need to know" I cry as he hesitantly mumbles a yes in response.My knees fail me as I land on the cold floor.Jin rushes to help me up but I held my hand out to him, gesturing him to stop.

"Is that why you killed her?To save yourselves?" I ask, looking at him dead in the eye.He looks at me for a moment before looking down.

I got my answer.

But before I can say anything else, I hear someone knocking on the front door.Yoongi is the one to open it, only to be greeted by two police officers.

"Is Choi Minah here?"