Chapter 28

I woke up early today and ran off without even eating breakfast with the boys, using the 'I haven't cooked anything for Minho' excuse.Actually, I just couldn't wait to read grandma's tests anymore.

I entered the house quickly and the sound of a shower running could be heard from upstairs.Looks like oppa just woke up as well.I sit down in the living room and take a deep breath.Maybe I'm nervous over nothing, but who knows?

I open the folded papers and read them carefully, the contest inside shocking me."MINHO OPPA COME DOWN IN AN INSTANT!IT'S URGENT!" I screamed in the top of my lungs, breathing heavily as a million of thoughts were running throughout my mind.How is this possible?

Minho came downstairs, a towel wrapped around his lower body while his hair and chest are still wet."What is it?" he mumbled, looking at me worriedly."Is there something wrong?"
Unable to answer him, I extend the papers and let him read for himself.

"Conclusion:patient Choi Sonyeon, age 73,is perfectly fine physically.After being ran through a series of tests, her cardiac system, ventilation system and the other systems in her body are working just fine" Minho looked at the papers shocked, not being able to read anymore.

"But...didn't the guys say she died from a heart attack?If her cardiac system was okay, how could she die from a heart attack just two weeks later?" Minho, mumbled to himself, lost in thought.

I shake my head, unable to respond to this question, still baffled.Minho leaves the papers in the table and gets up to finish his shower."We have to meet with her doctor, he might give us more information on this.Sorry Min, but can you do that?These days I have a lot of work to do and I don't think I'll find time.I know that grandma is important as well, but I'm sorry...are you angry?" he says, looking at me worried, to which I only shake my head as a response.

He leaves for the bathroom and I feel a vibration in my pocket.I take it out to see a message from Minhyuk.

Minhyuk
Hey kiddo
I have the day off today
Let's hang out
I'll send you the address and the time
later

I respond him with a simple 'ok' before I rush to my room to choose something to wear, not before texting Kook that I'll hang out with a cousin today and I can't go over.I shouldn't dress up too much, as I know Kook at least will judge my choice of clothing from his window when I get out.

I end up wearing an oversized black hoodie, black ripped jeans and a pair of black converse, accompanied by a black bucket hat Kook got for me.I go downstairs and see that Minhyuk already sent me the address, telling me to get out of the house already and not be late.

I rush outside, and in my peripheral vision I can see Kook watching me from his window, as expected.I don't really think he'll follow me though, these days he seems to trust me a little bit more.

The café he told me to go to wasn't far away from home, so I just walked there, arriving there in only five minutes.I push the door open, a little bell signaling my entry.

The café is small, but very nice.I can smell coffee from here, and the decoration makes it seem really cozy, like home.I see Minhyuk in the far end of the café and rush to him, giving him a side hug before sitting in front of him.
He motions a waiter to come and we both take waffles, me accompanying it with a caramel macchiato while he takes an espresso.

After our orders arrive, we start chit chatting about what happened in our lives in general, until the conversation comes to Taemin."Anything new from the investigation?" I asked curiously.

I notice him shift uncomfortably."We did find finger prints in his corpse and examined them, but none of them match with any of the finger prints we have registered in our system, and we don't have any idea whose are they, and unless they commit another crime, get caught by the police and give their finger prints, we can't find them" he said, looking at me sadly.

"I believe, we'll find them one day and make them pay" I say, giving him a small smile.

So, whoever it is, they need to commit a crime and get caught, huh?