Chapter 1

Authour POV

The story goes that Y/N is a Singapore Airforce pilot, joining 2 years after he finished his national service. The moment Y/N entered the Airforce, he was liked by his officers in the beginning until he was able to fly a F18 and went to Top Gun (United States Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program) for special training. It was during the training where he met Captain Pete "Maverick" Mitchell and became a totally different person. He did things that were so similar to Maverick that his officers did not like it.

Meanwhile in South Korea, the owner of SK high school had a meeting with the school board and teaching staff. The owner was not happy with how the school was run and most of the students who graduated could not even enrol for university. Worse still, students who took the College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT) did not achieve a 35% pass rate.

"The mayor of Seoul just called me last night. If the pass rate for the College Scholastic Ability Test is not above 70%, the school will be handed over to the government. We better think of a solution to fix this. I have already fired the principal last night," said the owner, Mr Kim.

The announcement from the owner surprised the staff as they quickly discussed what they had to do next. The owner soon became impatient and told the staff to leave. As all the staff started to leave, one of his advisors suggested he should hire someone who was not a Korean to be a principal.

"You think it's a good idea?" said the owner.

"Yes sir. At least the person won't be so biased and may do things differently," said the advisor.

The owner nodded his head and ordered the advisor to look for a suitable person which he understood.

Back in Singapore, it was a regular training day for Y/N. He arrived early as usual and was suited up for a training flight. Y/N decided to head to the airplane shed to get ready.

Y/N's POV

Another training today. Looks like we are going to try to shoot each other down. It should be easy if my partner does not screw up. When I arrived at the airplane shed, my partner was already here. He looks ready. Hopefully he does not complain too much after we finish our training exercise.

"Hey Aloysius. You are early today," I said.

"Of course, Y/N. Being early is better than being on time," Aloysius replied to me.

Not going to lie, the way he talked can be hilarious. We went for a briefing and when we were done, we went straight to the cockpit of the F18 to get ready. I started up the engines as Aloysius checked the systems. Once Aloysius gave me all clear, I flew the plane out of the shed and towards the runway.

"Tower, Foxtrot 18 ready for take-off," I said to the tower.

"Foxtrot 18, you are clear of take-off," the tower replied to me.

I smiled and pushed the throttles. The F18 sped up and took off. We were airborne in less than a minute. Once in the air, I circled the aircraft around the borders of Singapore to avoid entering to other countries' airspace. Soon, my other colleagues' aircrafts were in the air. The instructions from our commander where to "shoot" each other down in a 2v2 battle situation.

"Alright gentlemen, training starts now. Do not do anything stupid," said the officer in charge, James.

"You heard the orders, Aloysius? Do not do anything stupid," I said to Aloysius.

"I hope you don't," Aloysius said to me, feeling anxious.

I reassured him as we were spotted by our "enemy". Aloysius advised me to be careful as I flew the plane towards one direction. The enemy tried to shoot us down but failed. I flew the plane in a few difficult manoeuvres which made Aloysius slightly irritated. It just so happened that my plane flew above several high-rise buildings and people inside the building were surprised.