Chapter 4

Authour's POV

Two days later and it was a Monday. Y/N got up early and went to run 2.4km. After he was done running, he rested for a while and went to wash up. Once he finished washing up, he went to find clothes to wear but realized he did not have any business casual clothing. He looked at what clothes he had and saw that he had brought his no4 air force uniform. After giving a short thought, Y/N decided to put on the uniform and head out. As he waited for the lift, one of the neighbours walked towards the lift lobby and greeted Y/N. The neighbour was surprised to see Y/N wearing the uniform and asked if he was from the army.

"Used to be. Just that I do not have any nice clothes to wear for my first day of work," said Y/N.

"I see. My name is Jason, nice to meet you," said the neighbour.

"Likewise, Jason. My name is Y/N," said Y/N.

The lift arrived and the two men headed down to the carpark. Y/N went to his car and drove off to the school.

Meanwhile, Arin and Lia were walking to school from the bus stop. As they arrived at the school gate, the two of them saw Soo Bin ahead of them. This made Arin walk quickly, as Lia watched and shook her head. Soo Bin noticed Arin quickly walking into the school and tried to stop her but chose not to. As for Olivia, she was walking to school and saw Chen Le just ahead of her. Seeing Chen Le made her walk slowly, trying to avoid him. Coincidentally, she saw Si Eun walking. Olivia quickly walked to Si Eun and linked arms with her, walking into the school together. The two girls walked past Chen Le with Si Eun saying hi to him. Olivia did not say hi and continued walking into the school with Si Eun. Chen Le sighed and walked in, feeling sad.

Y/N's POV

It took me about twenty minutes to drive from my home to the school. As I was nearing the school, I noticed many students walking to the school. Once I arrived at the guard house, I stopped the car and rolled down the window. The security guard asked who I was and I explained to him that Mr Kim had hired me as the new staff.

"Your name sir?" the security guard asked.

"Y/N. Did Mr Kim inform you that I was arriving today?" I spoke.

The security guard went to check with the office and once he was done, he came back to me with a thumbs up. I looked at the name tag and the name of the security guard was Yang Se Chan.

"Thank You Mr Se Chan," I said.

Se Chan nodded his head and pointed to me where to park the car. I then drove to the car park where there were many cars being parked there. After I parked my car, I headed straight to the lobby where Mr Kim was there waiting for me. Both of us shook hands, as he welcomed me to school.

"I'm surprised that you wore your air force uniform today. You should have bought smart clothing and worn it since it's your first day," said Mr Kim.

"It's ok. I will go get it this weekend or tonight. Just allow me to wear what I have at home," I told Mr Kim.

Mr Kim smiled and nodded his head as we headed towards the meeting room where all the teachers were waiting. The teachers greeted Mr Kim and I as Mr Kim introduced me to the teachers as the new principal. The teachers seemed stunned by the announcement as I smiled and introduced myself.

"Hello everyone, my name is Y/N. I am formerly an air force pilot for the Singapore air force. Let's all work hard together for the best of this school alright?" I spoke.

The teachers nodded their heads and clapped. This made me smile as I took out the file from my bag that started to read out loud all the statistics in it. The statistics included the school being ranked lowest in South Korea for the College Scholastic Ability Test taken. The teachers could only look down in shame as I reminded the teachers that the school was a place for students to learn, not to play around. I looked back at the file and asked for the basketball coach.