Chapter 9

Authour's POV

Once Y/N opened the door, he saw the police officers who were in charge of the kidnapping case.

"Mr Yoo, didn't expect to see you coming today," said Y/N, shaking Mr Yoo's hand.

"Likewise. By chance are you helping Miss Joo-yeon regarding the kidnapping case?" Mr Yoo asked.

Y/N nodded his head as he ushered Mr Yoo to the living room where the two men took their seats. Y/N showed Mr Yoo the CCTV footage of the day the two students were kidnapped. Mr Yoo thanked Y/N, taking the footage from Y/N. Mr Yoo then called someone and hung up a minute later.

"My superior has suggested using Miss Joo-yeon's place to set up our work. When the kidnapper calls, we plan to trace down their location," said Mr Yoo.

"Understand what you mean. You will have to tell Joo Yeon yourself. She is inside the bedroom," said Y/N.

Y/N's POV

I brought Mr Yoo to Eunseo's room where she was sitting on the bed. Eunseo smiled and said that she had heard our conversation. Mr Yoo nodded his head as Eunseo agreed to the use of her home. Mr Yoo then thanked the both of us and informed us the team would be arriving in the evening. Eunseo and I nodded our heads as Mr Yoo took his leave. Looking at my watch, I realised it was already close to 11am.

"Do you want to eat anything? It seems like you were going to cook something earlier for breakfast," I asked Eunseo.

Eunseo nodded her head and I walked to the kitchen to see what food I could cook. I found a few packs of ramen inside a cupboard and decided to cook it. As I let the water boil in the pot, I took a look at the fridge to see if there were any ingredients to add into the ramen. The fridge did not have many things aside from a few eggs and kimchi. I decided to use the eggs to cook with the ramen while serving the kimchi on another plate. After I was done cooking, I served the ramen into two bowls and brought Eunseo to the dining table.

"Smells good!" said Eunseo.

"Well, it's just ramen. Enjoy," I said.

Both of us started to eat the ramen and I saw Eunseo eating it real fast.

"Slow down. You're not rushing anywhere, right?" I asked, showing Eunseo a disapproving face.

Eunseo saw my expression and started to eat slowly. Once we finished eating, I offered to clean up the dishes. Eunseo thanked me for the meal, which made me feel grateful. I nodded my head to respond to her thanks as I turned to see that she was still feeling sad. A few hours later, the police arrived and started to set up their equipment. After the police were done setting up their equipment, Mr Yoo asked Eunseo if she had received a call from the kidnappers.

"They called yesterday to demand for fifty million dollars," said Eunseo.

"I can testify to that statement. They even said they would call again for the drop off," I said to Mr Yoo.

Mr Yoo nodded his head and started to write down what we said onto a notebook. Mr Yoo went to speak to his team mates as we could see they were busy discussing the case. I turned to look at Eunseo as she walked back into her room and sat down on the bed. I decided to follow her and asked her if she was really going to pay so much money for Olivia's safe return.

"Yes, but where am I going to get such money?" Eunseo asked me back.

"To be honest, I will not pay a single cent just to get Olivia back safely," I answered Eunseo.

She was surprised by my answer which explained that even if I pay the money, the kidnapper might have killed Olivia without us knowing. After I made my explanation, I could see a change in Eunseo's express. She started to show signs of fear which made me squat in front of her, telling her that I would follow her to meet kidnappers if needed. Eunseo looked at me after I made the sentence.