CHAPTER 5

The invitation is still echoing in Danielle's mind that she can't fully focus on the remaining classes until the moment she sleeps at night.

Granted, that very memory haunted her in her dream, and Danielle can fully see the whole scenario from her dreaming point of view.

In an empty room where only them are inside, she sees her own back figure frozen like a fish while facing Mark Lee, whose gazes are filled with a different emotion and a small grin on his lips.

It was crazy!

The whole conversation ran smoothly, and it is weird to see yourself in your dream—that, may I add, cannot do anything!

Because of it, Danielle woke up before her alarm.

She immediately felt the creep on her cheeks and the drying of her throat, embarrassed by what happened yesterday.

Pull yourself together, oh my god, Yoon Danielle! It wasn't like you hadn't known him before!

True, as it's already been four years since they've known each other, but never close. Except for him being Giselle's brother, they are also classmates, which made them familiar with each other's presence.

Danielle had also visited their house many times, and her presence is already familiar within their family, but like what they are within the classroom, they're just... two people who met because of a certain mutual interest—Giselle.

There's no way there can be more.

Actually, is she already liking him more?

Besides, calling the alpha handsome, hot, and smart, not to mention that he's also attractively intimidating, is not new.

Danielle is sure almost all of the student body once liked the council president.

The only living question in her head is why the hell did Mark Lee sound flirty?

And his small grin while talking to her? His deep yet relaxing tone?

Sure, he may have a whole different character off-school, but he never talked to her like that. At least be open enough to ask her about her ideal type before!

The new addition to the alpha's personality is just making her crazy and confused in general, so Chenle had to barge into her room with a furrowed brow.

"Goodness, you're awake!"

"Le?"

"Well, duh? Turn off your alarm?"

"Huh?"

"Danielle, your alarm."

"Huh, oh, shit."

It's the only time she noticed the loud ringing of her alarm—the volume could probably be heard in the whole unit.

Chenle tutted and shook his head. "Did the assignment really take a toll on your head?"