CHAPTER 20

It wasn't news anymore when the alpha knocked on the door, his face laced with worry and overgrowing responsibility.

Irene faced the young man with obvious hesitation, and she could just let out a sigh. She can't say no.

She knows Mark. He's Giselle's brother and Elle's classmate for four years.

She sees him around sometimes, and the alpha is nothing but nice.

Irene is confident that Mark can take care of her precious daughter too.

But of course, she's still scared.

Danielle is in heat. Mark is still an alpha. Who knows what will happen after?

"Mark.."

The alpha bowed at the woman.

"I don't know.. I just.. Elle she's..", Irene can't find the right words; obviously, she doesn't know what's happening between the two.

If she knows the two have been messing around for some time now, we can just imagine the situation.

"Just be extra careful, okay?", Irene looked up at the young alpha, who is indeed taller than her.

Mark nodded, completely understanding what she's trying to say: "I will, Mrs. Yoon."

"I could ask if something is going on between you these days, but I think I would know sooner. Elle is waiting for you. It's her first time calling for an alpha in heat, so... so I assume there's really something going on. Mark, I trust you. Don't break it."

"We've gotten closer recently", Mark could only respond to the prior question, to which Irene nodded.

Mark didn't specify how close, but that's the perfect answer he could think of for now.

In a few seconds, Mark sensed another alpha around. He snapped in the direction, and his brows furrowed. Seeing a familiar face, he scowled.

Irene followed where he was looking and urged the two to introduce themselves while she called Elle upstairs.

Mark and Jaehyun silently stood firm on their grounds.

Jaehyun's confused as to why Mark is here.

For Mark, the model is a threat.

Mark is sure he's getting angrier with each passing second.

The model is literally living off the Yoons. He's been there with Elle under the same roof for a long time now.

Mark is pissed that Jaehyun is getting close to the family.

What if Jaehyun is a potential mate? He admits that he's still a bit cowardly about confessing, but he's also selfish for her.

Mark only shrugged off his frustration when he sensed strong pheromones, looking up to see Elle and Irene descending the stairs.