CHAPTER 18

Elle felt like being splashed with ice-cold water the moment she realized what was happening.

She had already estimated the start of her pre-heat next week, yet the schedule obviously got messed up because of all the happenings over the past few days.

Jaewook being annoying, and the alarming incident with Sho really took a great toll on her system, threatening her inner omega in such a way that it succumbed to vulnerability a little early.

Not just that, but she didn't notice her cycle! For sure, she had hints, but it occurred at the same time someone annoyed her, so she hadn't ever considered the possibility of her being in heat.

She's with Mark, oh my god.

She can also feel the alpha panicking for a second, but he contained his emotions almost immediately.

In the end, Elle called Chenle and urgently told him what happened.

She left the confused alpha and ran to hail a taxi directly to their home.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑(α)๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The next day, Mark swallowed his worries when his responsibilities as president started.

He called a meeting regarding the irresponsible acts of the students, especially the acts of bullying and being present during cycles.

He raised the volume of sanctions, and the warning became stricter.

Before, they'd just pose warnings with words, but now Mark wants to send the students directly to the guidance counselor.

Clearly, no one will learn the lesson, especially alphas.

As an alpha himself, he knows the only thing they can learn is the hard way.

If their pride is stepped on by a much higher position, they can't argue with it. They were taught that way by their parents.

After the meeting, Mark immediately proposed it to their university president.

He clearly stated his reasons and provided adequate real-life scenarios to support his stand.

He pushed the new rules until the president considered them.

In the end, they fixed a date for a meeting with the whole university administration and officials to discuss these conditions.

Mark is mentally exhausted after the talk with the university president.

He dropped on his usual seat in their next class, organizing his thoughts, and focused himself on the discussion.

"Chenle", he called the male omega beside him. Chenle was also flinching at the sudden call.

"Huh?"

"Is Danielle replying to you?"

"Elle?", Chenle's interest piqued. "Why?"