CHAPTER 21

The exams are finally over.

It's also perfect timing, as Danielle's heat is completely gone two weeks before the exams, so she has enough time to study—well, both of them.

When Mark drove her home, they both knew they never wanted to be away from each other.

The longing stares and lingering touches prove it, as do their inner animals, which churn in displeasure when they are long separated.

The days of them being together are unforgiving but also perfect.

The alpha was a beast on the bed and the sweetest when they finished.

The familiarity of their bodies left a huge impact on their system, and the need for skin-to-skin contact increased more than they wanted before.

Things were normal for them—publicly and privately.

All their friends knew was that they both had their cycles; that's why they were absent.

They never had many private sessions either, as they needed to cope with their studies.

That's why, when the exams were over, the extended group of friends decided to hang out.

A chill drink, they said.

Well, we all know it wouldn't be chill.

"Tell one of us if you guys will party the hell out or go home with us, alright?", Giselle reminded them as they settled on the booth.

"I think I'll join some body shots later", Jaemin said, wiggling his brows.

"I'll just stay here", Jisung said.

"I'll be everywhere. Just tell us if you need some alpha security, aight?", Jeno added, looking at the omegas.

"We'll surely have fun", Haechan said.

"He meant we would look for you if something happened,", Renjun cuts off while covering the latter's mouth.

"Interesting", Chenle mumbled with a grin.

Danielle curiously looked at him. "What is?"

"Right, you weren't there", Chenle chuckled and leaned in to whisper in her ear, "I have my radar on Jeno and Renjun."

Her eyes widened. "Did something happen when I was MIA?"

"Not sure, but possible."

Both of them giggled like teenage girls, catching Mark's attention, whose eyes directly shifted to the girl.

He's just sitting there silently, skimming over the menu, and already has a mental note of what he'll order.

The bar is loud as usual, high on the energy of the people around it, and surrounded by mixes of scents.

It was quite alarming that the alpha could sense a faint lustful smell somewhere, assuming that that person was coming here for sex alone.