CHAPTER 43

Finals done.

The students, especially the seniors, can now breathe and don't have to sleep through stress and wake up anxious.

Finally—the most used word ever since the dean announced the end of the finals.

"Hey", Mark chuckles. The omega is just launching herself excitedly at him.

"Oh god, I can sleep now!"

"I'm proud of you, baby. So much."

Elle squealed and looked up at him, "Me too, I'm so proud of you. Should we have a date?"

"No, this is scheduled to be a squad hangout", Renjun's voice echoed from behind them.

Elle turned around with a pout, while the alpha just comforted her with a kiss on her temple.

"It's okay. We can have a date right after."

Renjun scoffed, "Look at you. You're the one who planned this hangout first, and now you're backing away?"

"I'm not backing away."

"And yet your lips are frowning like puffer fish."

"She's fine; she's just a little on her mood swings", Mark teased, and the omega glared, slapping his hand away from her waist. "Elle, ba-"

"Let's go~", Elle clung to Renjun, dragging him

Renjun teasingly showed his tongue to the alpha, and the alpha could just sigh and follow close behind.

"Are you mad at me?", Mark asked after the omega placed a pizza on his plate.

"Hmm, no", Elle answered while taking a bite of her slice.

"Really? Then what was that with Renjun?"

"I'm just playing with you."

"Good god, love. How much more do I have to be anxious, whether you are serious or not, about suddenly walking away from me? I thought I had done something to disappoint you."

"Hehe, I love you", Elle just giggles and kisses his cheek, then goes back to her food.

"Is having a mate really stressful?", Jeno tugged him from his other side.

Mark also looked back at him and hummed in thought, "Not really. If you love your mate so much, you can't get mad. That's already an alpha instinct."

"That sucks"

"Why? Have you got potential in mind yet?"

"Thought you guys knew?"

Mark nudged his head to the male omega in front of the latter. "Renjun?"

"Uhh yeah", Jeno frowned. "He likes to play hard-to-get, though. It takes me at least a week to insist on a date with him."