CHAPTER 8

Danielle thought they would just eat out, talk about their ideal types, and then the alpha would drive her back to the dorms. That's the plan, right?

But then it's true that the omega wanted the little hangout to continue longer, and the alpha seemed to want it too, as he asked her if she had plans later this day.

When Danielle said none, Mark immediately offered a small road trip.

First they drove for some takeouts, and when the alpha noticed her looking at the ice cream shop, they stopped by and ate too.

Mark is nice to be with. He's not the cold, intimidating, stone-faced council president that the students are frightened of.

Danielle can't deny that she's having fun too. In any way, the alpha is literally spoiling her!

Mark is the one who paid for the lunch and the takeouts, and if Danielle didn't insist on paying for the ice cream, he'd be an actual sugar daddy.

The omega is still capable of paying for anything!

"Do you have another soul living in your body?", Danielle cannot stop her mouth anymore.

Mark can't answer immediately, glancing at the omega who's sipping on her coke float.

"Are you this funny inside your house too?", she asked again

"And what do you mean by that?"

"Well, you're surely aware of what the students think of you. We've also been classmates for four years now, and our classmates look up to you a lot."

"Mhm then?"

Danielle paused for awhile, thinking about what to say: "You're different today."

"You mean I look scary at school?"

"Well, a little."

Mark chuckled, and with one hand, he reached for his float to drink. "It's not my problem; they're not approaching me."

"Well, maybe you don't look as approachable as you think you are."

"What do I look like?", They shared a look for awhile.

Danielle hummed in thought. "Mostly they said—"

"For you, Elle, what do I look like for you?"

"Oh, umm", she started fumbling her fingers. She didn't know, and she started feeling a little awkward. "Maybe being close with Giselle and seeing you for years now helps? I honestly think you're not that intimidating and cold. It's just a matter of perspective, I think, and how you approach people."

"Is that so", Mark bit his lower lip to suppress a smile. "Well, I hope it won't change."

"It still depends on how you approach me."

"Why, how do you want me to approach you?"

Danielle's lips curled in a smile. "I don't know.. or maybe I'm already used to what you're showing in public, so I'm not really affected and don't care how you treat me. Maybe just be yourself?"