CHAPTER 26

Rain started pouring as they enjoyed their mini ice cream hangout, talking over different topics about their past days.

It didn't even take a long time for them to engage in a proper conversation—like nothing happened for the past few weeks.

It feels like their inner alpha and omega know better than they do.

Just when they spoke their first words, they realized that they did miss each other.

Two weeks away from each other isn't good for them.

"About that night...", Mark trailed, also glancing at her to see her reaction. "I'm really serious about it, Elle. I like you."

"I know"

"You do?"

"I'm sorry", Elle apologetically looked at him, "I'm sorry for running away."

"You don't need to apologize", Mark says, shaking his head. "Did I scare you?"

"No, Mark, why would you", she lightly laughed. "I didn't lie when I said that night felt a bit too much for me. Your confession... it's just that.."

"It's surprising, right?"

Elle nodded

"But you shouldn't feel like that. You're easy to like."

"You just like me, right?"

Mark flashed a gentle smile. "No", he said, "I like you so much that I want to be your mate."

"Mate.. you really want to be mated with me."

"That's how serious I am."

Danielle can't answer for a few seconds—her lips are gaping to say anything—but she really can't find the right words.

The alpha felt it, and he rested his hand atop hers, making her look at him.

"I want us to start over if you'll let me. We're not in a rush here. I can stop too; just tell me."