CHAPTER 38

It was a very unexpected situation for Chenle, hearing the familiar beeps of the door unlocking and seeing his former dorm mate enter.

His eyes rounded in confusion but soon widened when he noticed two bags on her shoulder and on her grip.

Without a question, Chenle scurried over to help her and welcome her in.

It was so quiet between them—the only noise booming from the television.

The female omega only flashed a small thankful smile before retreating to her former bedroom, cold and dark from her long absence.

It was a long pause before Chenle called someone he knew he could properly talk with about the situation—Giselle.

The female alpha picked up after two rings, and an unexplainable silence greeted them.

"I know," Giselle said with a blank tone.

The two agreed that they wouldn't tell anyone for now.

Giselle advised Chenle, and so Chenle told her that she should check up on Mark too.

Neither of them put words in the mates' mouths. But they do know that if this will take a long time, they should prepare for the worst.

The worst that no one had wished for them.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑(α)๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Mark's eyes were blurred with red when he woke up.

The same scenario came running through his mind like a broken mixtape, surprised that he could still sleep at a time like this.

Mark was quiet as a statue when the love of his life walked away from his embrace, walked out of the room with two bags, and closed the front door.

The alpha had a miniscule hope that it's just another vivid nightmare, but the lack of the omega's presence beside him is just too harsh.

He heard the bedroom door opening and closing some time later. And then a familiar scent came lingering on the air.

Mark groaned as it tampered with the remaining scent of the omega, but he couldn't get mad about it.

He's the reason she isn't there.

"Really, Mark Austin Lee?", Giselle spoke in disappointment.

Mark didn't budge.

"Are you really not going to do anything?"

Mark didn't respond.

Giselle sighed and walked over to the bed, shaking his body. "Get up; I'll help you plan everything."

"We can't force her to come around", Mark mumbled. "I need to fix myself first, especially my temper. Elle's pressured as it is too. I'll give her time."