CHAPTER 24

The birthday banner hanging on the wall and the small, colorful balloons spreading around the floor were the first things Danielle saw the moment she walked out of her room.

The flick of a lighter and the presence of three more people came second as they showed up holding a three-tier cake.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", they loudly chorused as Haechan pulled the string of confetti at the same time.

Danielle replied with the biggest smile she could muster amidst this very early morning, and then ran up to them for a big hug.

"Wait, I couldn't balance the cake!", Chenle said, and they immediately pulled away with a laugh.

"Make a wish!", Haechan excitedly squeaked.

Danielle instantly did, clasping her hands together and closing her eyes as she muttered her wishes for the entire year.

"Now blow!", Renjun cheered

"Who?", she teasingly asked and immediately received a smack on the head

Renjun tuts, "I should've agreed for the dick cake"

"Right, I told you! My design is magnificent!", Haechan huffed.

Danielle playfully rolled her eyes, blew out the candle, and then held the cute Kuromi-designed cake.

"Alright, I'll take a picture", Renjun rolled his eyes right after the girl looked at him with a pouty face.

The picture-taking would've lasted for hours if none of them remembered that they still had classes to attend.

They got too lazy to walk, so Haechan brought his car. Danielle happily opened and replied to the birthday messages she received throughout the ride.

"Dinner?", Elle looked at them.

"Sure, who will go?"

"Just family and friends."

"Will you invite Mark and friends too?"

"Probably", she answered, and at the same time, she slid on Mark's messages.

╭─────────────────╮

Mark Lee

Happy birthday, beautiful

Thanks, handsome

Anything you want?

You can come for dinner.

Gladly :)

See you in class, bub.

╰─────────────────╯