CHAPTER 40

It's enough, Danielle knows.

She knew she couldn't live away from Mark for too long, especially since they had just mated for a few months.

For some reasons, Elle also regretted her decision that night. But with all those chains that the alpha put her through, was it still better to just shrug it off and accept his apology?

Mark apologized so many times. If he's really sincere and serious about considering Elle's feelings, he will instantly lessen his manner.

Elle knew that they needed that too. They needed to think and reflect on themselves.

It would be very hard, she knows. Young mates like them should be with each other most of the time, and she personally experienced the pain.

Elle knew it was enough.

She needs Mark.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑(α)๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Mark knew he needed to prepare for another challenge.

By the time he received a message from his mom, he knew he needed to act fast and wise.

The parents are coming, and they don't have any idea what's going on.

"Relax, Mark"

"I can't, Gi. I can't disappoint them, especially mom Irene. I was the one who barged into Elle's life; how shameless of me to hurt her?", Mark stressed. "What should I even tell them?"

"Does Elle know?"

"I don't know; I haven't received a message from her."

"You didn't text her?"

"I do it every day, but in this matter, no."

"Why?"

Mark's head dropped. "I thought I should be the one to tell them what's happening. And I can't bring Elle into this; this is my mess."

"There you are again carrying the world on your own", Giselle sighed. "Mark-"

"Just leave me alone for a moment; I need to think."

"No"

"Giselle"

"Mark"

The siblings fought with pride, their eyes never wavering away from each other.

The tension rises easily—both have stands to fight.

Mark was the more stable one when it came to this matter of pride. He looked away.

He gulped hard, swallowing his anger, and calmed himself.

"I will leave you here, but don't ever lock your door", Giselle firmly said. "And please, Mark, you're not alone. Yes, this is between you and Elle, but you have me, your family, and your friends. You'll drown, Mark. I don't want to see you on your bed not breathing again."