Hawaii

"Hey mom can we talk?" I ask my mom as she finishes her breakfast.

"Sure. What's up?" she asks.

"I wanna know who my dad is." I say quickly.

"Honey, you don't need to know" mom replied as she got up and took care of her dishes.

"But mom! I'm 18 years old. I have the right to know!" I argue.

"Why should I tell you if I never told him? Your not going to find him. And even if you do, he'll just abandon you like he did me" she snaps.

"Mom you never told him. You can't hang that over his head!" I counter.

"If he loved me, a baby wasn't going to make him stay" she comments.

"So because he didn't love you enough to stay, I have to suffer not knowing who my dad is?!" I rant.

"You have his last name. And there's a picture of him and me in one of the shoe boxes on the shelf. That's all I can tell you" she sighs.

"Thank you mom." I say. We hug.

"I'll see you later" she smiles.

"Have fun at work!" I smile. She leaves. I call Jake to tell him to come over. And about ten minutes later Jake got here.

"What's up?" Jake asks as he barges in my house.

"I need your help looking through some boxes" I smile as I lead him to the giant book shelf.

"And how many..... Woah!" Jake reacts.

"We are looking for a picture of my mom and dad. I talked to my mom this morning and all she said was that I have his last name and the only picture she has of him is in one of these boxes." I explain.

"Ok. I'll help. If you go on a date with me, tonight" he smiles.

"Who ever finds the pic first gets to chose what to do." I smirk. We quickly go to our ends and begin top to bottom, side to side. After about an hour and a half, Jake found the picture. It was in between two boxes.

"So who's your daddy?" Jake jokes.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes. I look at the picture. And my mom looks actually happy. I have never seen her like that before. Yeah she was usually happy but not this kind of happy, a happy love. But my dad he looked so familiar. He had shorter hair and a stern face. No tattoos or wet shaggy hair. My father was Roman Reigns.