Chapter 30 : No Way Out

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?" Hayley asked, still awkwardly slumped against the floor,

"Patience, is a virtue Hayley," Pseudo Ginny said,

"And I'm growing to like your wand, Phoenix Core isn't? Pretty impressive," She said swishing it around,

"Now it's time we go inside," Ginny said and Hayley shuddered. Ginny waved the wand another swish and Hayley's hands and legs got bound together by snakes, precisely two- headed snakes. They hissed viciously as Hayley involuntarily squirmed at the feel of their slimy skin against hers.

"I'm not sure how long her body is going to withstand so let's speed up the process shall we?" Ginny asked, then muttered another incantation. Hayley's body began to levitate and she was pushed into the huge pipe, with no warning. She let out a light scream of surprise as she dwindled down the slimy, dark pipe. It seemed as though the steep slide may never end, but it did after sometime. Hayley now hovered above a wet rock surface, squinting her yes to get a better vision of her surroundings. Shortly Ginny had also landed elegantly behind her.

Then the both proceeded further into the rock cave, Hayley still hovering. She shut her eyes at the humongous amount of shredded snake skin. It's green colour made her stomach churn. They had finally reached the end of the tunnel. Hayley saw the engravings of two snakes with very live looking eyes. Ginny let out a hiss just like she had at the Lavatory. The snakes parted away revealing a very large chamber, covered with serpent carvings the reached all the way upto the ceiling.

As they moved further a huge statue of a person having a thin long beard reaching to his feet. Hayley could never fail to recognise the person, It was Salazar Slytherin, she's seen enough painting and illustrations of him in the books in her common room. The Chamber looked as though it hadn't been maintained for years, it was incredibly dirty and had a lot of cracks around it.

"Won't be long now," Ginny said tilting her head,

Before Hayley could say anything, Ginny dropped to the floor unconscious.

Hayley who was kneeling on the floor slowly moved towards Ginny and peered into her face, and tried to shake her awake, the serpents bounding her hands and feet tightened their hold and let out snarls as a warning. 

Some time later, a pearly white image of a boy emerged out of nowhere.  He looked as though he was sixteen or seventeen, Hayley didn't fail to notice the prefect badge on his chest.

"We meet at last Hayley, " The boy said, he must've been the one who possessed Ginny, Hayley thought.

"Will she be alright? " Hayley asked nodding towards Ginny,

"She's alive... But won't be so for long, you see the weaker she grows, the stronger I get, " He said looking at Hayley as though he was trying to read what she was thinking,

"Who are you? " Hayley asked once more, nervous to find the answer,

"You'll know it, eventually. But for the time being you may refer to me as... Marvolo?" 

"Yes, Marvolo sounds good don't you think?" He asked,

Hayley gulped.

"So why are doing this? Trying to erase muggle-borns?" She asked her curiosity getting the best of her,

"The wizarding society is impure, filled with mudbloods and traitors, I plan on achieving to bring it to its original grandeur. You know Hayley, you are a disdain to the noble house of Slytherin," Marvolo sneered,

"Fraternising with Blood traitors, Friendship with Mudbloods, imagine how ashamed would Slytherin be of you? I've never really trusted that rugged old hat, but maybe you do have the potential," He continued,