Chapter 23 : Parchments & Presents

Hayley stayed awake till midnight rocking back and forth on her bed. She was feeling both eager and anxious about her present and hoped Xan and Jae wouldn't mistake ot for some dark magic trick. She did attach a card explaining what the piece of parchment was :

Merry Christmas!

Now before you judge me for gifting you both a piece of parchment, let me explain that there's more to it than what meets the eye. Write something on it!

Think of this as our own private writing channel. We each have a roll of parchment and when any of us writes in their piece, all the three of us will be able to see the writing.

I thought this would help us talk about things we cannot talk out loud and when we're away from each other, we don't need to rely on having an owl.

And an added bonus is that each of our writings are colour coded. No matter what ink you write with the other two will see it in a different colour.

Xan- Green
Jae- Blue
Hayley- Purple

For example say I write with black ink, it will appear black to me but purple to you both.

Hope you guys like it.

-H

The instructions seemed clear enough, she thought.

Hayley took her parchment from the trunk, just as she was about you see it, Jae's beautiful round cursive decorated the parchment in a bright royal blue.

(A/n : since I can't write in colours here I'm just gonna denote their names, thanks for adjusting <3, the italics are what they're writing on the parchment)

J- Merry Christmas you both! And Hayley I can't believe you made this! It's just so great, I mean it's bloody genius!

Hayley couldn't help the toothy grin forming on her face.

H- Merry Christmas to you too Jae and thanks! Though this still needs a bit of work-

Lwhiatke tyoheu blcaoon'dty...

Gibberish appeared on the parchment. Hayley face palmed herself for not mentioning that they couldn't write simultaneously on this or otherwise the words would get jumbled.

Write now the gibberish appeared in a pattern of Green and purple. Xan had entered the channel.

X - What the bloody hell is this?

J- Didn't you read the card? I bet you stopped reading right after it told you to write something. And I admire your choice of words to begin Christmas morning well more like night with, but you get the point

H- the sole purpose of the card was for you to read it, why wouldn't you do exactly that (ㄒoㄒ)

For sometime no one wrote anything, waiting for Xan to understand what was going on.

A scrawly handwriting sprawled the parchment

X- Alright now I'm understanding this. Merry Christmas you both! And Hayley... Wow it feels a bit weird to write on this but you've really outdid yourself. We never need to worry about Malfoy eaves dropping on us.

J- that's the only use you could come up with for this masterpiece?

X- Anyways did you open your presents yet H? If you have not, I strongly suggest that you should

H- I don't see anything in the dorm though

X - Go out to the common room for sometime, the elves only come when you can't see them to place your gifts or anything really